Quantcast Rebel 1ti

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebel 1ti

Default Rebel 1ti

A couple of days ago I happily purchased my 3rd Canon camera upgrade. I am pretty sure I will be satisfied with the Rebel 1ti and that it will be awhile before another upgrade. This is my first SLR camera which I was totally unfamiliar with - until pouring over the manual - trying to absorb all the information. I have frustratingly spent hrs attempting to internally register the camera - but with no luck. It is my understanding that the camera and computer can communicate to allow you to put your name & address into your camera. In this section also included steps to copy right your photos. I know it's impossible for you to know what step I am not doing correctly, but if someone else experienced difficulty and then success, then perhaps you can enlighten me. Also, any helpful tips are greatly appreciated!!

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Default Re: Rebel 1ti

I have frustratingly spent hrs attempting to internally register the camera - but with no luck. It is my understanding that the camera and computer can communicate to allow you to put your name & address into your camera.
    If you can't get the wireless feature to work, can you do it manually?

In this section also included steps to copy right your photos.
    My understanding is that your photos are already copyrighted.
    How Do I Copyright My Photo?
    My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 110 HS
    Canon A720IS (retired)

Unfortunately, no.

Question Re: Rebel 1ti

I'm completely lost here. Why would you want to, or expect, to do these tasks within the camera?!?! The camera is simply an imaging tool, does not replace a computer for data management.

Kelly Cook
    Olympus PL2, Canon EOS 50D, Fujifilm F45fd, various film dinosaurs

I believe you misunderstood my question because what I am trying to figure out has nothing to do with data management or replacing the computer.

In my CD manual (version EU2.8W_E_00) under section 2 'setting your camera from your computer' (using the EOS utility) you can set and apply to the camera, the camera owners name, date and time recorded as shooting information in shot images.

I understand this to mean that I as the owner can put my name in my camera for identity purposes, as as well as record the date/time that I shoot my pics.

Smile Re: Rebel 1ti

Well yes. But . . . putting your ID or address in the camera will make this info available to whoever should steal the camera. As for date and time stamp, that will be in the EXIF data for every image, by default. All you have to do is set the camera's clock to the correct date and time. Which can be done in the Setup menu in the camera. No need for a computer connection.

Kelly

I thought the same as you, because afterall, I have already date stamped for images within the camera itself, but for whatever reason, the user guide adds that line to the part about putting your name into the camera. So not sure if they are referring to the same thing, or something different. While you are correct about the stealing part, I would really truly in my niave heart of hearts, like to think that should it be 'lost and found,' it would at least have a hope and a prayer in being returned.

Smile Re: Rebel 1ti

I suppose they could be referring to IPTC data for the image. Some photo management programs could pick up that info for preliminary categories. Example: for a firm using multiple photographers it would be useful to know just which photog took that image.

As for my theft paranoia, in the past few years I've had 4 cameras stolen, so ...

Kelly

Yes, unfortunately thieves always have theirs eyes on our cameras - I too am equally paranoid. Four cameras... wow!

PS If that is what they are referring to, and I believe you are most likely correct, that is of no interest to me. Really, I just wanted to be able to put my name in the camera. Haven't been able to figure it out yet. Maybe one day Thank you for our conversations and your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information