Quantcast Zoombrowser won't send attachments

+ Reply to Thread

Default Zoombrowser won't send attachments

I've just moved from XP to Windows 8 so downloaded what must be the latest Zoombrowser.
    But I'm horrified to find it won't allow me to email photo attachments as the old one did.
    Instead it sends some thumbprint photos on the body of the email with a note about SkyDrive whatever that is.
    I'm a non-techie pensioner and I don't so most of my friend who I send the pictures to won't either or won't know how to access it etc.
    Why do they always have to change things?
    Does anybody know a way round this please - maybe I can download an older version of Zoombrowser which allows attachments.
    I've downloaded a couple of mother picture programs but they seem to operate the same system - no attachments.
    Last edited by SKYSURFER; 04-29-2013 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Hadn't finished

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Default Re: Zoombrowser won't send attachments

I attach photos using my email program, gmail, Is there any reason this has to be done through Zoombrowser?
    My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 110 HS
    Canon A720IS (retired)

Well for one thing it's handy to do all things from one place where I've cropped and tidied up the photos.
    But the main reason is if I send a number of photos to somebody they're too large to send from a normal email prog (I use Windows Live Mail).
    So I'm still searching for a good free picture program which can send attachments.
    Anyone? Thanks

Super Moderator/Reviewer

You can use software to reduce the file size of your photos. I use the free program, Irfanview (IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide)
    My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 110 HS
    Canon A720IS (retired)

Thanks Andy. I have since realised that and installed Faststone which seems to be an excellent program.
    But like Zoombrowser it seems to have been taken over by SkyDrive when it comes to sending pix by email.
    But I've found it does allow you to resize them before sending - and to be honest I have found that most recipients can acess the pix on SkyDrive.
    So I may let go my obsession to being able to send pix by attachments.
    But one disadvantage is that unless the recipients of photos saves them in a set time from SkyDrive, they will lose them, whereas attachments are there for ever.

Thread Information