Quantcast downloading images to sd card

+ Reply to Thread

Default downloading images to sd card

I have a Canon s3 is camera.I want to download images from the computer back onto the SD card. I have reformatted the card, and photos are sent to the card, but the camera displays "no image" when trying to view them. (They can be seen again on the computer, and so are on the card.)Is there a way to resolve this problem?
    David Vernon (Scotland)
    Thanks for anticipated help.

Default Re: downloading images to sd card

Have the images that you have sent back to the card been taken with your S3 IS? Also, are the images you are sending back have the same filename/format as those taken with the S3 IS.
    Pentax K200D w/ Pentax DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL II
    -Sandisk Extreme III 4gb SDHC Card
    -Sanyo Eneloop NiMH Batteries

Thanks for reply. They were downloaded from the same camera, but I did rename the file after downloading, and deleted some of the photos on computer before returning the file, which operated with the computer,but was not recognized on the camera. I will try to download some photos without altering the file name and see what happens.
    David Vernon, Angus, Scotland.

If you uploaded the photos from the computer to the card or renamed them, then there is no guarantee the camera will recognize them. Why do you want to do that?

If the camera did not recognize images that it took itself (so, not copied to the computer and then back to the card), then I would suggest a low-level format of the card in the camera.
    Canon Powershot G9 --- CCD 1/1.7"@12MP, 35-210mm (6x), 4GB SDHC, LCD 3"@0.23MP
    Canon Powershot A95 --- CCD 1/1.8"@5MP, 38-114mm (3x), 512MB CF, LCD 1.8"@0.12MP

The reason I wanted to download photos onto camera is so I could easily show them on somemone's TV. I know a computer could do this, but I do not have one- perhaps I will have to get one. Also a DVD would do the same but it is not as instant.
    I have tried several times to reformat on the camera and left the file name as from the camera, but to no avail. Perhaps it is not possible for the camera to recognize the photos.
    Thank for taking the trouble to reply and send possible help.

David Vernon, Scotland.

Very helpful thread, I had the same problem of transferring photos from the PC to the memory card but not being able to see them on the camera. As suggested- the problem was in the filename. My Canon G9 does not care whether or not the files copied back to the memory card have the same name they were originally given, but the camera does want the file names to be in the correct format. The format Canon G9 wants to see is "IMG_0001.JPG"- without the quotation marks, but with the underscore. And the number can be anything from 0001 to 9999. And of course the suffix, JPG is correct only if the file is a jpeg. After renaming the files into the correct format (and putting them into the correct Folder- Canon100 on the memory card), then the camera would show them back to me.

Thread Information