Quantcast Camera wont recognise any sd cards

+ Reply to Thread

Post Camera wont recognise any sd cards

My casio exilim ex-h5 is only 18 months old and has stopped recognising my sd cards. It has been back to casio who say it is fine, however, I go on holiday and low and behold only the internal memory works taking 9 photos. A friend tried my cards and they work perfectly plus casio said the sd card is correct for that camera. Now considering buying new camera as I cant trust casios response if I send it back again. So would I be better buying a canon 240/260sx which have no internal memory or go with Panasonic lumix sz9 which has internal memory?. Any advice help gratefully accepted.

Super Moderator

Default Re: Camera wont recognise any sd cards

Many cameras have a setting which allows the photos to default to either internal memory or the memory card. My guess is that your Casio was set to default to internal memory. You should be able to change this in the menu.

As between the Canon SX240-260 and the Panasonic SZ9, I'd go for the Canon, which has better image quality and significantly more optical zoom. The only advantage to the Panasonic is that it has an auto=panorama mode, which the Canon lacks.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Default Re: Camera wont recognise any sd cards

I had the same problem with my Power Shot S3. I put a little alcohol on the card's metal part, slide it in to the card slot. Wiggle gently, then slide it in and out several times. Try again. Make sure the card is only moist with alcohol, not dripping. Several repeats fixed my problem. I hope it helps you too!

Thread Information