09-07-2006, 11:00 AM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2005
- Cincinnati, OH
- Rep Power
Digital Camera News: Kids Cameras from Disney, Canon/Pro Football Hall of Fame Contest...
Disney Launches New Line of Digital Cameras for Kids
The Disney Pix line of digital cameras and camcorders is meant to foster creativity and stretch imaginzations. At affordable price points, parents will be happy. With nice features (LCD screens) and several themes, like "Disney Chrome," "High School Musical," "Pirates of the Caribbean," "Cars," "Little Mermaid," "Disney Princess" and "Tinker Bell", there is sure to be one that will make the kids happy.
Since kids want to be able to see, edit and print their images, Disney has introduced a line of cameras with different feature sets. Several models have LCD screens and the cameras will ship with Disney Pix software that will allow kids to customize their photos with Disney characters, stamps, frames and more.
Disney Pix Product Line:
- Disney Pix Micro(TM) Digital Camera: An ultra-small camera (6.5"w x 10"h x 2.5"d) for easy, on-the-go pictures -- perfect to hang from a backpack or handbag. Features CIF digital resolution, storage capacity of 24 photos, status LCD display, requires 1 AAA battery (not included) and comes with camera strap and Disney Pix(TM) software CD-ROM. (SRP $19.99)
- Disney Pix Click(TM) Digital Camera: Loaded with many options, this camera features a 1" color LCD screen, VGA digital resolution (640 x 480), stores up to 200 photos, a 2X digital zoom, built-in auto flash, TV output (NTSC/PAL compatible), requires 2 AA batteries (not included). The Disney Pix Click comes with a camera strap, Disney Pix(TM) software CD-ROM, USB cord and 2 interchangeable face plates with stylish character graphics. (SRP $49.99)
- Disney Pix Max(TM) Digital Camera: Fully loaded with high performance options for optimum picture taking, features a 3 Mega Pixel digital resolution, a 1.5" color LCD screen that allows users to view their photos enhanced with Disney images utilizing innovative digital custom photo frames available directly on the screen. Also includes a 4X digital zoom, expandable memory card slot, built-in auto flash, TV output (NTSC/PAL compatible), requires 2 AA batteries (not included). The Disney Pix Max comes with a camera strap, Disney Pix(TM) software CD-ROM and a USB cord. (SRP $79.99)
- Disney Princess Digital Movie Maker(TM): Girls can now star in their very own Disney Princess movie with this new digital camcorder featuring 32MB of built-in memory, 640 x 480 video resolution and a built-in microphone. With easy-to-use Disney Pix(TM) software included, girls can edit their own videos and add music, animation, sound effects, titles and credits. The Disney Princess Digital Movie Maker(TM) comes with a wrist strap, a docking station, Disney Pix(TM) software CD-ROM and a USB cord. (SRP $79.99)
- Disney Keychain Digital Brag Book(TM): The perfect way to share your photos on the go, this ultra-small digital photo album keychain features a 1.1" LCD screen and stores up to 50 photos. The Disney Keychain Digital Brag Book(TM) comes with a USB cord and requires two AAA batteries (not included). (SRP $29.99)
The Disney Pix line is now available at national retailers, including Target, Best Buy, Circuit City, Limited Too, Claire's, Toys 'R' Us, KB Toys, Ritz Camera, and many others.
Digital Camera Owners Look to Accessorize
According to a new IDC survey, digital camera and camcorder owners are looking to accessorize what they already own. 84% of the respondents say that have already done so. Topping the list of wanted accessories are memory cards, lens accessories, and 4x6 photo printers.
Some other conclusions from the study:
- Memory card capacity and battery type (standard or rechargeable) are important influencers of the digital camera purchase
- 25% of respondents purchased a case or pouch at the same time as their camera purchase, but don't know the brand
For more information, see www.idc.com
"Why Do You Love Football" Photo Challenge
Archie Manning has kicked off the Canon and Pro Football Hall of Fame "Why Do You Love Football" photo challenge. There are two categories: "Action" and "Feature". The Action category is for capturing football action during game play. The "Feature" category is for other football imagery that happens outside of game action on the field. The contest is open nation-wide to anyone who wants to enter.
Fourteen finalists will be chosen by a panel of expert judges: Peter Read Miller, Sports Illustrated; Mark Duncan, Associated Press; Craig Melvin, US PRESSWIRE; John Reid III, Cleveland Browns team photographer; Tony Tomsic, freelance photographer and Archie Manning, former NFL quarterback. From the 14 finalists, fans will be able to vote on their favorites for first place in each category and a Grand Prize winner, in early January.
The Grand Prize winner will be awarded a trip for four to attend Super Bowl XLI in South Florida and will earn a once in a lifetime opportunity to have his or her photo displayed in The Pro Football Hall of Fame, in Canton, Ohio. Additionally, the winner will receive a trip for four to the 2007 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Celebration in August 2007.
If you'd like to enter, submit up to 10 images by visiting www.usa.canon.com/nfl and following the online instructions and official rules. The contest ends on November 27, 2006.
AgfaPhoto Going Digital
AgfaPhoto has granted an exclusive license to plawa, a digital camera specialist, to produce and market Agfa branded digital cameras. plawa hopes to take advantage of the excellent Agfa brand recognition to gain a five percent market share in the medium term. In addition to the brand, the excellent product quality, warranty, and support package will help achieve this market share.
The new line of cameras will be launched in September, with 5-10 megapixel cameras in the 99-199 euro price range. The first cameras will be unveiled at Photokina in Cologne at the end of September.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)