02-01-2010, 10:11 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Rep Power
Fujifilm adds two new S-series long zoom cameras
Fujifilm announces the the Finepix S1800 and Finepix S2550HD today, two new long zoom cameras that join its S-Series line.
Both cameras share a 1/2.3 inch CCD sensor and 18x Fujinon wide-angle optical zoom lens (28mm to 504mm, 35mm equivalent). They incorporate a feature called Instant Zoom, which enables the user to keep their subject in a shot at long distance by offering a wide viewing area around the frame and then immediately cropping to the subject once the photo is taken.
Other shared features include:
- A high contrast 230K-pixel 3.0 inch LCD and electronic view finder
- Dual image stabilization, with a mechanically stabilized CCD sensor and high ISO sensitivity (to ISO 6400) to reduce blur
- Face detection, which recognizes and tracks up to 10 faces simultaneously
- Automatic red-eye removal
- Smile detection, which recognizes the precise moment your subject smiles and releases the shutter only when this happens
- Blink detection, which warns you if any of your subjects have blinked so that you can re-take the photo if necessary
- A new picture search tool which allows searching by the scene mode in which the picture was taken.
In addition, the FinePix S2550HD also has a mini HDMI Port for quick and easy connection to a home theater system.
The Fujifilm FinePix S1800 also has Tracking Auto Focus, which allows users to track a moving subject automatically for still picture capture, and Auto Picture Rotation, that ensures that photos taken in landscape or portrait mode are played back in the same mode in which they were shot.
Pricing and availability
The Finepix S1800 will become available in February 2010 at a retail price of $229.95, and the Finepix S2550HD will be available in March 2010 at a retail price of $249.95.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)