05-12-2005, 10:00 AM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2005
- Cincinnati, OH
- Rep Power
Olympus Announces the Olympus Stylus 800 Digital Camera
Olympus has announced the Olympus Stylus 800. This sleek camera comes in a glossy dark blue or silver weatherproof body. This camera can capture 8 megapixel images, includes a 3x optical zoom with 5x digital zoom (for a total of 15x zoom). Olympus has included some other great features, including a 2.5 inch HyperCrystal LCD, Bright Capture Technology for better low-light image capture and viewing, and built in help guide as well as the ability to shoot in 24 different modes. The camera will be available in July 2005.
During daytime, the HyperCrystal LCD remains bright and clear, even in direct sunlight, due to an additional layer in the screen that reflects light away from any external light source. The screen is also viewable at a 160-degree angle. The Bright Capture Technology allows easier framing of low light scenes since the LCD preview remains bright enough to see the subject. The Bright Capture Technology also minimizes blur as the increased sensitivity can allow faster shutter speeds.
- ISO Range: Auto, 64, 100, 200, 400, 800 (SQ1), 1600 (SQ1) (equivalent)
- Image Effects: Still Image: Black and White, Sepia, Resize, Rotation, Red-eye Fix
Movie: Frame Index
- Focus Ranges: Normal mode: 19.7" -- infinity (0.5m -- infinity), Macro mode W: 7.9" -- 19.7" (0.2m -- 0.5m), T: 11.8" -- 19.7" (0.3m -- 0.5m), Super Macro Mode: 1.2" -- 19.7" (3cm - 50cm)
- Removable Media: xD-Picture Card (16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512MB or 1GB)
- Power: Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Li-12B), AC Adapter
For full details, visit the product page.
05-12-2005, 01:21 PM #2
Wow, 8MP in that size is strong. Throw in the large LCD and water resistance...that's a nice ultra compact option. I doubt it will be over $500 either, so the price will make it tough to beat in that class.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)