06-01-2005, 09:00 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2005
- Cincinnati, OH
- Rep Power
HP Introduces Two New Digital Cameras: HP Photosmart R817 and HP Photosmart R818
HP announced the introduction of two new cameras, the Photosmart R818 and the Photosmart R817. Both cameras features a 5.1 megapixel sensor, 5x optical zoom, 8x digital zoom and a 2 inch LCD. At this point you may be asking yourself why there are actually two cameras?
First, the R817 comes in a standard silver finish, while the R818 comes in a black matte finish. Also, when you order the R817 you can get it with or without the docking station, while the R818 comes with the R-series docking station.
The R817 will ship in July and is available with (349 pounds) or without a docking station (299 pounds). The R818 comes bundled with the HP Photosmart R-series docking station for 399 pounds and will ship in August.
Other features of both cameras:
- 15 unique shooting modes including action, landscape, beach and theatre mode
- HP Real Life Technologies - featuring a panorama stitch feature to stitch up to 5 images together
- HP Adaptive Lighting Technology - automatically brightens selected areas of high contrast photos to give brighter, more true-to-life shots
- HP In-Camera Red Eye Removal - removes red eye from shots while still in the camera
- Available waterproof housing - allows the camera to be submerged up to 40 meters
06-02-2005, 06:41 AM #2
With all of the new camera announcements over the past few months, HP seems intent on releasing some of the most un-inspiring products. I do like the trend of water proofing the cameras though. Not that many will go on a snorkling trip, but it does help from the inevitable water spill or whatnot.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)