01-30-2007, 02:00 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2005
- Cincinnati, OH
- Rep Power
Adobe Lightroom 1.0 Available for Pre-order
Adobe has announced that the official 1.0 version of its Photoshop Lightroom software is now available for pre-order and will start shipping in mid-February. Lightroom has been been in beta for the past 12 months while Adobe gathered information from beta users on how to polish the product. In appreciation of this effort, Lightroom will be available for $199 until April 30, after which the price will be $299.
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is targeted at professional photographers who want to spend less time at the computer processing images and more time showing shots to their clients. Lightroom offers a streamlined way to import, manage, and organize your images. It also provides common editing and enhancing features, like developing RAW images, adjusting color and white balance, etc.
The final (1.0) version of Lightroom provides significant enhancements from the 4.1 beta version:
- Changes to the Library and Develop modules complementing improvements to the Slideshow, Print and Web components
- New advanced keywording tools help photographers filter through large collections
- Improved import dialogue with more flexible file handling allows more choice when determining file location
- New Key Metadata Browser provides quick access to key information tags with an improved ranking and rating system that now incorporates color labels and a pick/reject system that sorts and locates photographs faster than ever
- Virtual Copies and Snapshot tools have been added to the Develop module to help present multiple versions of the same image, providing the most choice to clients without the confusion of saving separate physical versions
- Hue, Saturation and Luminance targeted adjustment tool for precise and intuitive image edits
- Clone and Healing features provide non-destructive edits to eliminate sensor dust across one or many images
If you haven't tried out the beta version of Lightroom yet, and the features sound cool to you, I highly recommend that you try it out. The beta version will remain active until February 28, 2007. You can find the beta version here.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)