05-01-2007, 09:39 AM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2005
- Cincinnati, OH
- Rep Power
Most Popular Digital Cameras from April 2007
We're headed into the Mom/Grad/Dad gift buying season with plenty of great cameras out there. This list of cameras shows you what visitors of DigitalCameraReview.com looked at over the past month. The rankings are determined by the number of times a particular product page is viewed by our users. The rankings below are from the entire month of April 2007.
We have four new entries on the list, which may be an all time high. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3, Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55, Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8, and Canon Powershot A570 IS all entered the top 10. They pushed out the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1, Olympus SP-550 UZ, Canon Powershot A710 IS, and Canon Powershot SD900.
For additional help while choosing a camera, you can register for our forums and ask as many questions as you want. If you're looking to buy, the best place to start is our Digital Camera Buying Suggestions forum. If you need help with your current camera, then we have forums for each brand of camera.
1. Canon Powershot SD600 (previously #1) - One of three new Digital ELPHs introduced last February, the SD600 features 6 megapixels, a 3x optical zoom, and a very nice 2.5 inch LCD. Online prices right around $200 makes this compact camera a pretty good buy. Canon Powershot SD600 Reviews | Canon Powershot SD600 User Opinions 2. Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 (first time in top 10) - This 7 megapixel successor to the TZ1 sports a 10x optical zoom with image stabilization in a relatively compact form factor. Panasonic has added new features, like Intelligent ISO control and a new imaging processor for better performance. It also sports a 3 inch screen and has quick operation. Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Reviews | Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 User Opinions 3. Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T100 (previously #3) - The T100 is the latest top of the line in Sony's slim and stylish T series of digital cameras. It features a 5x optical zoom, 8 megapixel resolution, and a 3 inch screen. You also get mutliple camera color options, HD output, a new 9 point AF system, and Super SteadyShot. Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T100 Reviews | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T100 User Opinions 4. Canon Powershot SD1000 (previously #7) - One of the latest additions to Canon's SD line, the SD1000, features 7.1 megapixels of resolution, a 3x optical zoom, 2.5 inch LCD and some retro styling with squared of edges and minimalistic look. The camera also features the DIGIC III processor. Canon Powershot SD1000 Reviews | Canon Powershot SD1000 User Opinions 5. Canon Powershot SD800 IS (previously #2) - This 7.1 megapixel update to the Canon SD700 IS features the same image stabilization system and compact form factor. It features a new wider angle lens and new DIGIC III processor. Canon Powershot SD800 IS Reviews | Canon Powershot SD800 IS User Opinions 6. Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55 (first time in top 10) - One of the relatively newer models in Sony's W line, which has made a name for itself as a good all around compact point and shoot. A metal body provides a nice look and a feel of durability. As is typical with Sony's, it has great battery life, quick operation, and a nice LCD. Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55 Reviews | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W55 User Opinions 7. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 (first time in top 10) - Like the TZ3, the FZ8 is winning fans with it's new features and imaging processor. The FZ8 is an ultrazoom, with a 12x optical zoom with image stabilization. You can preview your 7.2 megapixel images on the 2.5 inch LCD or electronic viewfinder. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Reviews | Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 User Opinions 8. Canon Powershot S3 IS (previously #6) - Announced in February, the S3 IS is an update to the S2 IS. It features a 6 megapixel sensor, 2 inch flip out, rotating LCD, and a 12x stabilized optical zoom. Canon Powershot S3 IS Reviews | Canon Powershot S3 IS User Opinions 9. Canon Powershot A570 IS (first time in top 10) - The second camera in Canon's A series to get optical image stabilization, the A570 IS features 7.1 megapixel resolution, a 4x optical zoom, DIGIC III processor and 2.5 inch LCD. Canon Powershot A570 IS Reviews | Canon Powershot A570 IS User Opinions 10. Canon Digital Rebel XTi (previously #8) - The XTi (also know as the EOS 400D) is Canon's replacement to the almost ubiquitous Canon Digital Rebel. The XTi features 10.1 megapixel resolution, a 2.5 inch, 230K pixel LCD, dust reduction system, and 9 point auto focus system. Also, a relief for some, the XTi still takes CompactFlash media. Canon Digital Rebel XTi Reviews | Canon Digital Rebel XTi User Opinions
Falling out of the top 10 most popular cameras from the previous month are the:
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 (previously #4)
- Olympus SP-550 UZ (previously #5)
- Canon Powershot A710 IS (previously #9)
- Canon Powershot SD900 (previously #10)
To see our last ranking, see Most Popular Digital Cameras of March 2007.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)