A big Olympus announcement was rumored even before my trip to NYC to unveil what is now known to be the OM-D E-M1. Although we all hoped for something huge, we weren't really sure if the unveiling would match our expectations. Within a half an hour after the announcement I had my hands on the new OM-D and have had a hard time putting it down since. Arriving about a year and a half after its predecessor, the E-M1 packs a powerful punch with a 16.3-megapixel LiveMOS sensor, TruePic VII image processor, 5-axis image stabilization and weather proofing. In fact, the E-M1 has plenty of other great features like no AA filter, 10 frames per second continuous shooting rate, a pretty great EVF, and an awesome LCD screen, too. But along with these great specs, Olympus also announced a relatively high price tag--$1400 for the body only. Will the Olympus E-M1 have what it takes to demand this price point? Will the usability and image quality surpass the E-M5 enough to have users digging deep into their wallets?

Read the full content of this Article: Olympus OM-D E-M1 Review: Flagship Phenom

Related Articles: