Quantcast Samsung WB350F Review Discussion

+ Reply to Thread

Default Samsung WB350F Review Discussion

While everyone these days seems to be focused primarily on what happens in the DSLR and MILC worlds, I believe the most interesting new developments are in the massive expansion of P&S camera types. The very first point and shoot camera was the Kodak Brownie introduced in 1900 and, for almost 100 years, the P&S camera was the simplest and most inexpensive way to get into photography.

The digital imaging revolution changed all that. In less than two decades P&S cameras went from one basic type of device to several different types including ultra-compact point and shoot models, auto-exposure only standard compacts with 3x to 5x zooms, underwater P&S models, ultrazoom digital cameras, advanced point and shoots, and finally--my favorite--the travel zoom P&S digital camera. 

Read the full content of this Article: Samsung WB350F Review

Related Articles:

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Default Re: Samsung WB350F Review Discussion

Good review. I really like the WB350F for a number of reasons. One is its appearance - very attractive for a small, pocket camera. Its nubby shell gives it a cool retro look and it probably helps with the grip. I like the built-in WiFi, which should be a standard feature in all small digital cameras to compete with the growing use of smartphone cameras. Unlike many cameras in its price range, the WB350F has manual exposure modes - very useful. Finally, although I agree that its images are oversaturated I find them very appealing. Saturation can be toned down via the camera's menu, if desired.
    My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 110 HS
    Canon A720IS (retired)

Thread Information