10-01-2008, 09:08 AM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
- Rep Power
Most Popular Digital Cameras of September 2008
Garnering nearly five percent of all product clicks on the site this month, the Canon PowerShot A590 IS succeeded in knocking off Fuji's S1000fd as the most viewed camera for the month of September. Recently superseded in Canon's lineup with the launch of the A1000 and A2000 models, the A590 has been on the market nearly a year and has only grown in popularity during its retail stint if position in these rankings is any indication.
On the strength of one of our most popular DSLR reviews to date and its Editor's Choice selection for August, the Nikon D700 also made a strong showing in our rankings for the post month. Ultrazooms continue to be a hot property as well, with six of this month's top ten models sporting at least a 10x zoom lens.
With new products from Photokina beginning to show up on store shelves, we're betting on some serious turnover in this list from now through the holidays.
This list of cameras shows you what visitors to DigitalCameraReview.com viewed most often over the past month. The rankings are determined by the number of times a particular product page is viewed by our users. The rankings below are for the entire month of September 2008.
For help choosing a camera, you can post questions and get feedback from the DigitalCameraReview.com online community by registering for our forums. If you're looking to buy, the best place to start is our What Camera Should I Buy? forum. If you need help with your current camera, check out our brand-specific forums.
1. Canon PowerShot A590 IS (previously #2) – Following closely in the footsteps of the Powershot A570 IS, the latest 8 megapixel PowerShot A model comes equipped with a 4x optically stabilized zoom lens, DIGIC III processor, 2.5-inch LCD, and an optical viewfinder. Canon PowerShot A590 IS Reviews | Canon PowerShot A590 IS User Opinions 2. Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd (previously #1) – The Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd is a 10 megapixel camera with a 12x (33-396mm) zoom lens, a 2.7-inch LCD, and an electronic viewfinder in a body styled like a miniature DSLR. Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd Reviews | Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd User Opinions 3. Nikon D700 (first time on list) –The Nikon D700 features a 12.1-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor, a 3-inch TFT LCD screen, Nikon EXPEED image processing, a 51-point auto focus system with 3D Focus Tracking, and Live View shooting. Nikon D700 Reviews | Nikon D700 User Opinions 4. Nikon Coolpix P80 (previously #3) – With a 10.1 megapixel sensor and a 18x zoom lens, the P80 marks Nikon's strong return to the ultrazoom space. EXPEED processing, Vibration Reduction, and a large LCD look to provide serious appeal for serious shooters. Nikon Coolpix P80 Reviews | Nikon Coolpix P80 User Opinions 5. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 (previously #10) – Update to the popular Lumix FZ18, the FZ28 features a 10.1 megapixel sensor and an 18x Leica zoom lens. Image stabilization, Venus Engine IV processing, and an auto scene select function round out the list of features and options. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Reviews | Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 User Opinions 6. Olympus SP-570 UZ (previously #4) – The SP-570 UZ is a 10 megapixel camera featuring a huge 20x zoom lens, a 2.7-inch HyperCrystal LCD screen, Olympus's proven TruePic III processor, Face Detection AF, and a 15 fps burst mode. Olympus SP-570 UZ Reviews | Olympus SP-570 UZ User Opinions 7. Fujifilm FinePix F100fd (previously #8) – The Fujifilm FinePix F100fd features a 5x optical zoom lens with a 35mm-equivalent 28-140mm focal length range, a 2.7-inch LCD monitor, face detection and automatic in-camera red-eye correction technologies, normal ISO sensitivity to 3200, and dual image stabilization. Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Reviews | Fujifilm FinePix F100fd User Opinions 8. Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS (first time on list) – The Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS is a 10.1 megapixel ultrazoom with a 12x Schneider-Kreuznach zoom lens, full manual exposure controls, and a 2.5-inch LCD. Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS Reviews | Kodak EasyShare Z1012 User Opinions 9. Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 (back on the list) – The 9 megapixel TZ5 – the latest addition to Panasonic's line of "travel zoom" cameras – features the TZ3's familiar 10x Leica wide-angle zoom, with an equivalent range of 28-280mm, in a compact body. Other specs on the TZ5 include a 3-inch, 460K-pixel LCD and Panasonic's Venus Engine IV processing. Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 Reviews | Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 User Opinions 10. Nikon Coolpix S210 (back on the list) – The tiny 8.1 megapixel Coolpix S210 offers a nice combination of value, style, and performance. Other key specs include a 3x Nikkor zoom lens, 2.5-inch LCD, and sensitivity to ISO 2000. Nikon Coolpix S210 Reviews | Nikon Coolpix S210 User Opinions
Falling out of the top ten most popular cameras from the previous month are the:
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W170 (previously #5)
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX500 (previously #6)
- Canon PowerShot SD870 IS (previously #7)
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H50 (previously #9)
For last month's rankings, see the Most Popular Digital Cameras of August 2008.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)