Quantcast Need Help Fujifilm finepix

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need Help Fujifilm finepix

I am in NEED of you're HELP with my camera, I have a few questions: As you know i recently got a new camera, I got the Fujifilm finepix camera 10.0 megapixels and 15x zoom on it. S2000HD

I am under the menu and trying to figure out what exactly my camera should be set on for all these sections.

For instance, I am on the Quality mode right now mine is set at 10M (N) i have several i can choose from, which would you recommend me setting it on?
    10M ( F) what does the f mean?
    10M ( N) which is where it is set now- 199 Frames
    9M 3:2 224 Frames
    8M 16.9 264Frames
    5M 386 Frames
    3M 606 Frames
    2M 16.9 703 Frames
    2M 754 Frames
    03M 3094 Frames

What does all that mean? does that mean that is the amount of pictures i can take at that certain setting?

What is the best setting to use when taking night pictures that will be in motion? ( Like when i am at the race)

HELP PLEASE , I am new to this and trying to get use to using the camera i have bought... Thanks in advance

Default Re: Need Help Fujifilm finepix

This is what my camera looks like:

Super Moderator/Reviewer

I suggest you read your user manual.

What you're looking at are the different quality levels at which your camera can be set (10m (F) means 10 megapixels Fine, 10m (N) means 10 megapixels Normal), the aspect ratio (such as 3x2 or 16x9) and the number of pictures you can fit onto a 512mb memory card (such as 199 for 10m (N)). Your manual will give you further information about how your pictures are affected by different quality levels and different aspect ratios.
    My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 110 HS
    Canon A720IS (retired)

10M (F) gives the maximum resolution and detail. It also results in the maximum file size, thus the least number of shots for a fixed memory card size. Use this setting for testing your camera, for sessions that you may want to make big enlargements from, and for scenes where you may want to crop a lot. Some photogs recommend just leaving any camera at its max setting all the time. In effect to play safe.

8M 16.9 is the HD "wide screen" image format. In my view this is kind of a specialized setting. Can work out well for landscape shots at wide angle. But not my choice for most scenes. The HD format makes more sense for video than for most still situations.

5M (N), or "(F)" if it's available, is a handy image size for E-mail, snapshots, Facebook posts, that sort of thing. Actually more resolution than snapshots require, but that does leave you with some working room for mild cropping. Resizing to what is needed for the final E-mail, etc, will be less severe than with a 10M image. This is the setting I would use for everyday casual shots.

Even smaller sizes will still work to a degree, but I'm just comfortable with the 5M size.

As for your night races, make your own experiments. Try the different sizes, and see if you can find any difference. My bet is that you end up at 5M or 3M.

Kelly Cook
    Olympus PL2, Canon EOS 50D, Fujifilm F45fd, various film dinosaurs

Thanks Andy

Thank you so much Kelly for all that information, Now i understand it.

Another Question

When using this camera, WHAT is the best setting to have it on to take Car racing pictures, that are in motion on the track they are racing on? I Have taken some but they are blurred really really bad, I guess I am not using the correct setting for this or something.

On top of the turn dial on top of camera it has these settings listed:

Auto
    n
    n ( with like a lighting bolt beside it)
    zoom
    sp
    c
    m
    s
    p

Which you can see what i have from the picture below

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Put it on shutter priority (S), set the shutter speed to 1/250, keep the ISO on auto. If you still get blur, increase your shutter speed to 1/300 and keep increasing it until the blur disappears.
    My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 110 HS
    Canon A720IS (retired)

Thank you so much

Do i need to pop the flash up for this? Since it is going to be a Night race.

Super Moderator/Reviewer

A night race is going to be very difficult for any camera.

Unless there's lots of artificial lighting, there are only a limited number of options you have to get sufficient light to take a good picture. One is to use your flash. But that will be effective only if you're about 10-15 feet from the subject. If you're farther away, you might as well turn the flash off. Another way to get maximum light into the camera is to keep your aperture at its widest setting. The problem, though, is that you won't be able to use optical zoom, which narrows the aperture. A third way to get maximum light is to use a slow shutter speed. But you can't do that in a race or you'll get blur. The final option is to increase your ISO. However, if you raise it above 400, your picture will become fuzzy from digital noise or smeared from noise reduction.

You'll have to work within these parameters and hope you can find a way to get a well-lit picture without blur.
    My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 110 HS
    Canon A720IS (retired)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information