Quantcast Setting JPEG Quality to Fine on Kodak EasyShare Z915

+ Reply to Thread

Question Setting JPEG Quality to Fine on Kodak EasyShare Z915

I cannot find where to set my Kodak Z915 digital camera to "fine" for a JPEG image. Can someone please tell me where and how to find this setting?

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Default Re: Setting JPEG Quality to Fine on Kodak EasyShare Z915

The menu has a setting for "picture size". You can select one of eight settings, from 3648 x 2736 pixels down to1280 x 960 pixels.
    My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 110 HS
    Canon A720IS (retired)

First, thanks for answering. I am presently taking a course on digital photography. One of the assignments my instructor has given us is to go beyond choosing the automatic setting (which is P in this camera), and to learn how to set our cameras for the best picture quality. He said we need to learn how to set it for two things:
    1. the maximum resolution, which is done by choosing the maximum number of pixels. In this camera it is 3638 X 2736 pixels. So I've already done that..
    2. the best quality level, which in this camera is fine, standard, or basic (all related to sharpness), and these settings are mentioned under JPEG images. But I can't find where to choose between fine, standard or basic.

Can you tell me if it's possible to choose these settings in this camera. Or is the only choice available the number of pixels?
    Last edited by blampl; 06-10-2013 at 11:45 PM.

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Quote Originally Posted by blampl View Post
    First, thanks for answering. I am presently taking a course on digital photography. One of the assignments my instructor has given us is to go beyond choosing the automatic setting (which is P in this camera), and to learn how to set our cameras for the best picture quality. He said we need to learn how to set it for two things:
    1. the maximum resolution, which is done by choosing the maximum number of pixels. In this camera it is 3638 X 2736 pixels. So I've already done that..
    2. the best quality level, which in this camera is fine, standard, or basic (all related to sharpness), and these settings are mentioned under JPEG images. But I can't find where to choose between fine, standard or basic.

Can you tell me if it's possible to choose these settings in this camera. Or is the only choice available the number of pixels?
    Sorry, I couldn't find anything in the camera's manual that deals with image quality (determined by how much the images are subject to compression). I can only conclude that the camera does not offer that option.
    My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 110 HS
    Canon A720IS (retired)

Thanks for checking. I think I have found a solution. Tell me if I'm on to something. I pressed the menu button, then pressed the Info button and scrolled down until I saw the word "Sharpness" on the menu. I scrolled to the right to see the choices, which were "soft, normal and sharp." I chose the "sharp" setting. Is that a correct assumption?

If it is not, at what point in the process between picture taking and developing can I choose the best quality level (fine, standard or basic). Would it be during the developing stage when I pick JPEG? By choosing JPEG, Digital Photography Review says you can choose between fine, std and basic on this camera..

Thread Information