Quantcast HELP!!!! Lens Malfunction!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Default HELP!!!! Lens Malfunction!!!

HI,
    I have a Nikon Coolpix L3, it takes really good pictures, never had a problem with it and only have it a few months. But today I turned it on and took 5 pics that came out blurry then the lens refused to go back in and began making a buzzing sound. Then it says lens error and refuses to do anything. Can anyone explain to me what the problem may be, It'll be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Site Admin

Default Re: HELP!!!! Lens Malfunction!!!

Definitely sounds like some sort of malfunction. Something may have happened to the motor, or a piece of dust may be interfering with the moving parts, pretty hard to tell. If you've only had it just a few months, it's probably still under warranty, so I'd start looking into the options as far as that's concerned.
    Best Regards,
    Ben

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
    Canon Powershot G7
    Pentax Optio W10
    Canon Powershot A95

www.DigitalCameraReview.com | www.Brighthand.com | www.NotebookReview.com | www.SpotStop.com | www.TabletPCReview.com

Default Re: HELP!!!! Lens Malfunction!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trinpeaks View Post
    HI,
    I have a Nikon Coolpix L3, it takes really good pictures, never had a problem with it and only have it a few months. But today I turned it on and took 5 pics that came out blurry then the lens refused to go back in and began making a buzzing sound. Then it says lens error and refuses to do anything. Can anyone explain to me what the problem may be, It'll be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    I couldn't find an on-line user's manual for the L-3, but the "lens error" warning in the L-4 says to try turning the camera on and off to see if the problem resolves itself. I'm guessing you've tried the on-and-off already, so if the problem persists, "see your retailer or Nikon representative" per the manual. Sorry.

Check the index in your user's manual for "error" or "error messages" - Nikon is pretty good about listing the various warnings you might experience and how to troubleshoot them - just in case I've got the "lens error" part wrong since it is from a different model Coolpix..............
    Last edited by Jim Keenan; 05-13-2007 at 12:05 AM.

Thread Information