Quantcast Do NOT purchase from Ajrichies.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do NOT purchase from Ajrichies.com

Default Re: Canon PowerShot SX150 Review: Zoom On a Budget Discussion

Sorry, but Cannon is overrated. Purchase an Olympus. Sony is pretty good for the lower price! BUT,..wish I would have checked reviews on retailers first.. Do NOT purchase with Ajrichies.com (formerly: Ajrichard.com) They do charge a restocking fee AND,…
    "BUYER BEWARE!!! Proceed with caution!! This type of practice should be illegal! There was no easy way for me to explain to my husband how I got so dooped, so badly by the Ajrichies customer service dept!! Proceed with caution and do NOT call them until your order has been sent. This was my first purchase at Ajrichies.com. I purchased a camara that was on SALE for $319.95. The only reason I bought the item there and not Amazon.com or BestBuy was Ajrichies had the item on sale and I thought I could save 20.00. Anyways, I went through the checkout. My credit card charge had been approved INSTANTLY and then several days later Ajrichies sent me an e-mail stating that if I did NOT contact them to confirm my credit card charge that my order would be canceled. Needless to say I made my second mistake by calling them to confirm my order. Their customer/sales rep was a fantastic and deceptive sales person!! He convinced me that I NEEDED additional and special items that I would NOT be able to purchase at Walmart or BestBuy. I ended up being deceived into buying an additional $160.00 worth of items. I checked and I now KNOW that I could have bought these good quality items elsewhere for only $50.00!! There was no easy way for me to explain to my husband how I got so dooped, so badly by the Ajrichies customer service dept!! I feel sooo stupid to have fallen for his sales pich! I will never again purchase from this retailer and can NOT ever recommend them! SAD. Very deceptive way to run a business,... they will not be in operation much longer if this is how they continue to run their business!"

Super Moderator

Default Re: Do NOT purchase from Ajrichies.com

Thanks for the information.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS VENDOR (A.J. Richies). They are deceptive in advertising and have terrible customer service. They charge insurance and handling charges not reveled in their “free shipping” by making a “package deal” -and btw the other “free” package items are not free. When I questioned customer service about this they hung up on me. The result was having to return the entire order (they claimed it was too late to cancel) with a restocking charge. It looks like the way they make their money is through these deceptive service charges – not selling products. BEWARE.

YES Here is YET ANOTHER post blasting AJRitchies for what they are: a total scam outfit. DO NOT order from them, or you will regret it! Sure, they offer a great price. But you won't get it! I ordered the Canon SX230 3 months ago, a month before going on a volunteer trip to Guinea W Africa. I needed a good camera. What I got was screwed by Ritchies. The deal is this: they send an email saying you have to call to confirm, after you already confirmed the purchase. When you call they try to sell you extras at terrible prices. IFYOU DO NOT, forget your order, because it will be on indefinite hold until you finally cancel it.
    BUYER BEWARE. TOTAL SCAM OUTFIT.
    Last edited by Andy Stanton; 07-17-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Language

Default Re: Canon PowerShot SX150 Review: Zoom On a Budget Discussion

I had the same problem that other reviewers had with ajrichies.com in trying to buy a Canon Powershot SX260 for $255 with free shipping. The price was lower than what I could find at eBay and Amazon.com. About a week after my order, I received an e-mail requesting that I contact their customer service department to confirm billing information or my order would be cancelled. When I called to provide information, the man who answered said the camera was on back order and he had no idea when it would be available. I asked if there was any Canon SX260 in stock other than the black one I originally requested. I was told there were no Canon SX260's in stock of any color. I'm glad I cancelled the order rather than wait for the item since it probably would have taken forever to receive, or they would have found another excuse to avoid selling the item at the low $255 price. After I cancelled the order, I checked the ajrichies.com website and found that the Canon SX260 was still being advertised for $255 (in black and 2 other colors) with no information showing that the item was out of stock. Unfortunately, there will be other victims like me who will end up being totally frustrated after ordering from ajrichies.com because they list items on their website for ridiculously low prices, but actually don't have them in stock. BUYERS BEWARE OF ORDERING FROM AJRICHIES.COM!!!

I am not sure who is writing these positive reviews for AJRichies.com. The experience that I had with them mirrors most if not all of the negative responses that I have read. After ordering online the follow up phone call to up sell highly overpriced accessories only took about two days. That was the only portion of my experience that was timely.

Please remember that if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. I could repeat every detail of my purchase and subsequent return but it would sound just like others have described in their dealings with AJRichies.com.

If customer service is important to you before and after the sale and not being sold an item that is misrepresented then I would suggest looking for another seller.

I strongly recommend that you purchase what ever it is that you are looking for at AJRichies.com from someone else. If you do order from AJRichies.com and there is a problem good luck getting it resolved.

Dear madant,

I note with interest that you succeeded in returning an item you purchased from ajrichies. I have been trying unsuccessfully to do the same (customer service keeps me on terminal hold or their automated system takes my number for a call-back, but you know that call won't be returned). I take it you have a mailing address for returns to ajrichies? They do not list one. Would appreciate it if you could provide it.

Thanks,
    Falco

Angry Re: Do NOT purchase from Ajrichies.com

Hello, I am new to this forum (although not wet behind the ears in regards to a retailer attempting to "get over").
    I ordered a Coolpix for such a nice price I just had to click "buy" right away without researching the company ad nausea.
    The order went through November 15th. I called as well as emailed. I received three different responses:
    1) the order was shipped
    2) the order is "getting ready to be shipped
    3) today I received an email (Sunday??) which stated "remember, you must give us 10 to 12 business days after your order is ready (11/15th).

Now, I used to be a shipping manager and I know for a fact that UPS ground from New York to PA is one to two days.

I am worried as when I Googled them, all I received were negative "hits" about the outfit being a total SCAM.
    I can visualize a small office with a handful of people jumping from sales to customer service, etc.. who take the buyer's money and 'do whatever it is they do" with it
    and weeks later (after they have made the equivalent of your purchase price in "loan shark type interest bearing accounts")
    they decide to send out your shipment.
    I am now worried that I may be tapping into "gray goods" where they are doing much more than we originally thought.
    The products could be counterfeit, they could be refurbished, you imagine it, and sold as "NEW".

I wish I were to see all the complaints before I made this expensive purchase (AND on my debit card too
    Last edited by watsrob; 12-02-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Well I just got screwed A J Richies.com to, what else can I say.

Angry Re: Do NOT purchase from Ajrichies.com

Stay safe from any nightmare and don't buy from ANY Brooklin store!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information