Quantcast Olympus C5050 cards

+ Reply to Thread

Default Olympus C5050 cards

I have had an Olympus C 5050 digital for about 10 years and am no longer able to buy a card that will work in it. As a consequence, I have bought an Olympus Pen digital. But there are some things about the C 5050 that I prefer. In particular for close-up photography. What does one do when the camera store can't (or won't) supply suitable cards?

Thanks,
    Canuck

Super Moderator

Default Re: Olympus C5050 cards

The C5050 uses xd cards and compact flash cards, both of which are still available online.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Andy,

Thank you for your reply. I guess the camera stores are smart! They'd far sooner sell new cameras than accessories for cameras they find convenient to call obsolete. Are you able to supply an address (URL) for a source? I am unaccustomed to the process of buying on line.

Super Moderator

Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Thanks to Andy Stanton for suggesting the URL that helped me find DX cards for ny Olympus C 5050. I was very much afraid I was going to have to format one or two full cards so I can use the camera, again. As much as I have saved the images elsewhere, I have had hard drives " calve" on me before. Now I don't need to worry.

Well! I'm still confused! I find XD cards are available on line. Lots of them! But some of them are M+ which don't work in my camera. Some have the prefix M. I have yet to try one of those, but they are readily available. But the XD cards which I have always used, and which work in the Olympus C5050 have neither an M or an M+ prefix on them. Many of the on line sources don't list WHICH Olympus models their cards will work in. Or, specific models the cards are designed for are listed, but not all of them. What baffles me about all this is that the camera stores are NO HELP whatever in advising me what to do!

Super Moderator

Here's a link to an xd compatibility chart from the Olympus website. As you can see from the chart, the C-5050 is compatible with xd and Xd type M cards up to 512 mb. You can use Olympus cards and Fujifilm cards.

C-Series : xD Compatibility Chart - Olympus America Inc.

Andy,

You have been immensely helpful in this matter for which I thank you very much! We will vacation in Europe in September, and I would like to take both of my Olympus cameras with me- just in case! The information you have provided should enable me to obtain the cards I need in order to make that happen.

My envelope arrived from an eBay seller this morning. They have shipped me two cards for my Olympus C5050, and I have confirmed that they DO work in my camera. Thanks once again to Andy Stanton for his very much appreciated help in solving my problem.

Super Moderator

I'm glad I could help.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Thread Information