Quantcast Samsung NX2000 Christmas lighting tips!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Default Samsung NX2000 Christmas lighting tips!!!

Hello,
    I recently purchased an NX2000 and am I having a little bit of trouble figuring out the different settings. I want to photograph my child in front of a Christmas Tree and am not sure what kind of lighting I should have (ie: should I shoot in the dark with just the tree lights on? Or should I photograph with the tree lights and natural light coming through?) I also don't know what settings the camera should be on to get the best results. Please help!!! Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Default Re: Samsung NX2000 Christmas lighting tips!!!

I'd use several different settings and see which is the most pleasing. First try auto without the flash with the tree lights on and room lights on (or with light coming through the windows) or room lights off. Your camera has a large sensor and should do well without the flash. Then try it with the flash - this may give a harshness to the image but the extra light may help. If you're unsatisfied with the results try smart mode (without flash) - the night setting combines multiple photos and may give you a sharper image. You could also fool around with aperture and shutter speed (using aperture priority, shutter priority and manual modes) but it's probably not necessary.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Thread Information