Thread: Site Rules
12-11-2012, 11:08 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
- Rep Power
Welcome to the DigitalCameraReview forums!
In order to keep the forums running well and serve as a great place to get help with printers and their accessories, please follow the rules listed below. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact one of the Admins or Moderators.
- While debate and discussion is a healthy part of any community, rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts will not be tolerated.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsense posts, or the like in an attempt to raise your post count or to make your signature file more visible. Similarly, multiple or repeated posting of the same information is not allowed.
- Cross posting, the act of posting the same thing across multiple forums, is not allowed. Please just post once in the most appropriate forum.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private Message system to spam other members. The definition of “spam” falls solely to the DigitalCameraReview moderation team.
- We do not allow discussion of anything related to medical help or medications. You should discuss such matters with your personal physician or appropriate specialist.
- Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts, at least 24 hours.
- We also do not allow posts that are sexual or violent in nature or violate DigitalCameraReview community standards. The DigitalCameraReview team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as fraud, software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. There is a zero tolerance policy for illegal activity being discussed.
- Do not post content from private correspondence, such as email or chat, within the forums. Posting any other persons private information such as email, phone number or address could result in banning.
- Discussion of cracking passwords or bypassing security measures is prohibited.
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post.
- You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral.
- You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
- Foul language isn't necessary to discuss printers and help other users, so it won't be tolerated. Any attempt to bypass the bad language filters will result in an infraction against the user and that post being edited or removed. Using asterisks or any other symbol to disguise language is considered bypassing the filter. The definition of what is vulgar is solely at the discretion of the DigitalCameraReview moderation team.
- Hidden links in posts or signatures are assumed to be malicious and members posting such content will be permanently banned, no exceptions.
- If you are going to post material that is not your own, properly credit the source(s); failure to do so is considered plagiarism.
- Please do not post huge images. Anything over 500x500 should be thumbnailed or linked only. See our guide for where to host images here and how to resize images here.
- Image replies are not allowed (posting just an image in response to a question)
Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
We reserve the right to ban or infract anyone who willfully violates the forum rules. Bans will not necessarily be permanent, but enacted based on the seriousness of an offense to these rules.
If you wish to advertise on the DigitalCameraReview Forums, please contact the TechnologyGuide Sales Department
We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products or services. Explicit advertising and solicitating in sigs is also prohibited.
You are not allowed in posts to link to or advertise in any way (including but not limited to) personal blogs/websites/pages/affiliated websites/affiliated resources in posts, no exceptions. Links of that type are restricted to the signature area only; see below for additional information.
Links in Sigs
Links in signatures must follow these guidelines:
- Promotional text for a commercial product or service is ok, provided there are no price(s) of product(s) or service(s) listed.
- No donation links or similar are allowed (this applies to the entire forum, posts included)
- A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate DigitalCameraReview forum community standards. The moderation team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or ***.)
- Duplicate links to the same domain in a sig are not allowed, the exception to this is you may have multiple links to pages/threads here on DigitalCameraReview or another TechnologyGuide.com sister site.
- Links to reseller sites or promoting them in a signature is not allowed, if it is discovered a member has been paid to embed links in their signatures to another website it is grounds for banning.
- No embedded players are allowed in signatures
Animated avatars are not allowed. Sorry. You are able to use a customized static image avatar though.
Make sure that your avatar is rated "PG" and appropriate for all age groups.
Signature Size Limits
All signatures should not exceed the following size limits:
- For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size (when viewed in the vBulletin Default style) and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
- Do not use images with large text to bypass the previous item
- For images in signatures: 1 image up to 350 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 25k in size, or 4 "userbars" (350 x 20) stacked together.
- Animated images in sigs are not allowed (incl. userbars)
- IP trackers are not allowed
There are some Reseller specific rules. Resellers are:
- Anyone who works in a sales, PR or support role for a company whose primary trade is in printers or printer-related products is classified as a reseller.
- Not allowed to make unsolicited recommendations or post in the "What Printer Should I Buy" section of the forum.
- Not allowed to comment on the quality / reliability of other companies or products.
- May provide clarifications in the forum in response to questions asked by members.
- Are highly encouraged to help in trouble-shooting of problems.
- Are forbidden from posting any links back to their respective websites for any reason.
- The posting of product images within the forum are not allowed, including both attachments and hosted images.
- Product announcements are not allowed.
Political & Religious Discussions, Signatures & Avatars
Discussions, signatures and avatars supporting candidates, political action/interest group, religious organizations or controversial topics are not allowed. There are plenty of places to discussion religion and politics on the web. DigitalCameraReview is not one of them.
The Final Word
The owners, administrators, and moderators of this site reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any post or ban any user for any reason. By registering with the DigitalCameraReview forums you agree to this rule and to all of the other site rules and guidelines.
While we strive to allow our users as much leeway in the material they can post on DigitalCameraReview , it must be noted that Freedom of Speech rights do not extend to privately-owned websites such as this one. Please refrain from lecturing the community or the DigitalCameraReview moderation team about your rights under the U.S Constitution or any other foundational document.
Although the DigitalCameraReview moderation team will seek to keep objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. Some material that you find offensive may "slip through," if only temporarily. Please note that all messages express only the views of the author. Neither the owners of DigitalCameraReview nor its administrators or moderators are responsible for the content of any message. If you come across something you find objectionable, please click the report button.
All content posted on the DigitalCameraReview forum is granted to DigitalCameraReview with electronic publishing rights in perpetuity, as all content posted on this site becomes a part of the community.
These rules and guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By usapatriot in forum Site Suggestions and Site HelpReplies: 3Last Post: 04-23-2008, 06:48 AM
By David Rasnake in forum Digital Camera NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-18-2008, 11:09 AM
By David Rasnake in forum Digital Camera NewsReplies: 9Last Post: 01-15-2008, 09:24 AM
By bTaryag in forum Site Suggestions and Site HelpReplies: 8Last Post: 01-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Digital Camera News: Pentax Site for SLR Users, Kodak Gifts, Digital Foci Portable Storage Device...By Ben Stafford in forum Digital Camera NewsReplies: 0Last Post: 11-20-2005, 08:00 AM