Quantcast Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P72 screen replacement possible?

+ Reply to Thread

Default Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P72 screen replacement possible?

The screen of my Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P72 is cracked and nothing is displayed except a blank white screen I was wondering if anyone know where can I buy a new screen to replace it? Are there any other model's screen also compatible with DSC-P72? Any help would be much appreciated! This camera means alot to me so I really want to fix it

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Default Re: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P72 screen replacement possible?

I'd first contact Sony to see if they will fix it or will recommend someone who can. I'd be very reluctant to mail the camera to anyone but Sony unless I knew it was a reputable firm. There are a lot of sleazy tech firms that advertise on the internet.

Something to consider, though. The Sony P-72 wasn't a great camera when it was released 9 years ago, in 2003. For $100 you can buy a new camera that's much better than your Sony.
    [COLOR="Blue"]My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Stanton View Post
    I'd first contact Sony to see if they will fix it or will recommend someone who can. I'd be very reluctant to mail the camera to anyone but Sony unless I knew it was a reputable firm. There are a lot of sleazy tech firms that advertise on the internet.

Something to consider, though. The Sony P-72 wasn't a great camera when it was released 9 years ago, in 2003. For $100 you can buy a new camera that's much better than your Sony.
    Hi,

But do you know if I can buy the screen part so I can replace it myself? I doubt Sony will fix it because I brought it long time ago, but since this camera means alot to me I really want to fix it instead of buying a new one.

Thanks

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Quote Originally Posted by Rutsuki_SPEC View Post
    Hi,

But do you know if I can buy the screen part so I can replace it myself? I doubt Sony will fix it because I brought it long time ago, but since this camera means alot to me I really want to fix it instead of buying a new one.

Thanks
    No, I don't know if you can buy the part, sorry. That's why I recommended that you contact Sony as they may have the part or know where you can get it.
    [COLOR="Blue"]My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Thread Information