Quantcast Sony DSC-WX-150 (Importing AVCHD to Windows 7)

+ Reply to Thread

Default Sony DSC-WX-150 (Importing AVCHD to Windows 7)

This is my first thread posted. I wish to thank the administrator for the courtesy of enabling my account.
    My first question would be: 1. Can you import video (AVCHD) via the supplied usb cable? I recently purchased this camera (Sony-DSC-WX150). The manual states you can import videos to your computer via usb, only that AVCHD requires Pay Home Memories to be installed for the AVCHD format. Is this true, and can anyone expand upon this?
    2. One question more. When you import images, or video, must the camera be "on" before connecting the USB to computer?

Thank you for your time. Any, and all replies are most welcome.

Super Moderator

Default Re: Sony DSC-WX-150 (Importing AVCHD to Windows 7)

The user manual says the PlayMemories software must be installed to transfer AVCHD files. But this only applies to Windows PC's, not to Macs.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Stanton View Post
    The user manual says the PlayMemories software must be installed to transfer AVCHD files. But this only applies to Windows PC's, not to Macs.
    Actually, I did not specify Windows 7, which is my operating system. However, I'm seeking a definite answer as to whether I "must" use Play Memories to import (AVCHD). Can I just transfer AVCHD files via a USB, such that can be transferred by MP4 (only USB is required, not Play Memories)? Thank you very much for your assistance.

Super Moderator

The manual says you must use the PlayMemory software so I assume it's necessary. I had a similar problem transferring AVCHD files with a Panasonic camera.
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 330 HS

Thank you very much. However, we never base our conclusions on assumptions, nor assertions; no disrespect here. I believe that this is a Sony Forum, and not Panasonic, therefore I would have doubts, as to whether your analysis may be correct. I am receiving varying opinions, this is why I have been seeking out answers. No definitive response as yet. Again, thank you very much for your concern

We have managed to import AVCHD video easily, withouth the use of Play Memories. We just used a free software converter. Absolutely fabulous video and pictures.

Thread Information