Quantcast HDR-PJ430V - Wi-Fi transfer won't set !

+ Reply to Thread

Default HDR-PJ430V - Wi-Fi transfer won't set !

I am trying desperately to set the wi-fi transfer capabilities with this camera. I want to be able to transfer captures.

I am able to use a tablet to control remotedly (Android). But this is not the primary function for which I purchased this accessory (the wi-fi adapter at $75)...

I installed PlayMemories Home on my Mac (OS X 10.8.5). I installed WIRELESS AUTO IMPORT.

Then, as soon as I try to SET this computer as the one to which transfer (and although PlayMemory does it **when I connect a USB cable**), I keep being prompted to connect a USB cable once I click SET.

My network sees the camera (it does, indeed, as the cam can be controlled in wi-fi with my tablet on this same wireless network).

Instructions from SONY are very rudimentary. Their forum is a nightmare to access (I spent the last 2 hours trying so...). I hope someone can help here.

If I had known this would take a rocket science background to use this, I would probably have chosen another model. (And I consider myself way above average technologically speaking...)

Thanks in anticipation

Super Moderator/Reviewer

Default Re: HDR-PJ430V - Wi-Fi transfer won't set !

According to Sony support this is how to get your wifi connection to your PC:

1. turn off the camcorder. Attach adapter.
    2. register your access point
    3. Install PlayMemory
    4. Connect computer to the camera with a USB cable
    5. Import your wifi settings

The instructions seem rather straightforward to me.
    Importing images to a computer using Wi-Fi (Handycam) | Importing with Wi-Fi | Operations | Image Management Software “PlayMemories Home” Support | Sony
    My Gear:
    Panasonic FZ28
    Canon Elph 110 HS
    Canon A720IS (retired)

Thread Information