2012 Kodak Brownie

Discussion in 'Announcements/Press Releases' started by JamesColeman, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesColeman

JamesColeman New Member

Hello everyone, a few months ago at university I designed a concept for what a Kodak Brownie would look like today if one was made for the 2012 London Olympics. You may have already seen it, it's been featured on several websites, most importantly Yanko Design: 2012 Kodak Brownie at Yanko Design

I'd like to get your feedback on such a project, would you be interested/uninterested in it if it existed? What do you think about the idea of bringing back the Brownie as an extremely simple, cheap and easy to use camera?

All feedback, good or bad, is welcome.

For further details see: James Coleman's Coroflot portfolio

Thanks
    James

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Those cameras are . . . weird. But interesting. I wouldn't mind playing around with one.

3. Nicky2007

Nicky2007 Well-Known Member

Well James, from a purely design point of view, the cameras look cool. However, from a marketing point of view it does present several problems. Not many of us were born when the brownie was around, so the emotional connection cannot be made. This is not the same as the mini cooper or the VW beetle. Secondly, would your pricing be competitive enough vis-a-vis the current generation of compact cameras. If this is a one-time off production just for the games in 2012, positioning the camera will be tough unless you have official endorsements from Kodak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.