911! = Final Decision = Panasonic LX10 vs Sony RX100 V = Please Help!

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by needspractice, Nov 26, 2016.

1. needspractice

needspractice New Member

I have been researching this for days. I am at the tail end of my decision between these two cameras.

I have given up on easy file transfer to web services like Dropbox, Facebook, and other online web services. I have realized that technology has not caught up yet. Still the best way is to take pictures, leave them on your card, transfer them to your computer, and then do what you will with them. Only other alternative is really nice camera phone, or the Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 which is a joke.

I was going to wait for the new Nikon DL series but I want something super compact. I already own a very nice Nikon Large Camera, and I already own several small waterproof and small cameras.

I am looking for the ultimate pocket high quality camera for the AVERAGE user.

I even looked at the Sony QX series for just the camera and phone but not popular enough and most reviews are bad.

The Nikon DL will just probably be a little too big for my taste and not offer enough user friendly functions. If I want super serious I will stick with my professional Nikon.

These are the three cameras that I own:

Nikon D5100 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Auto Focus-S Nikkor Zoom Lens

Canon PowerShot D10 12.1 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-Inch LCD

Sony DSC-TX30/B 18 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.3-Inch OLED

These are nice but all old and out dated. The Nikon is still super nice and when I want to bring out this camera it will do fine for really nice shots.

However, like I said I want the best of the best for the all around compact camera.

So that is why I narrowed to these two models. However, I am leaning towards the LX10. I like the quality of the RX100 V but the lack of continuous 4K and friendly features turn me off.

Money is not the problem. I would gladly pay extra for the Sony if I felt i needed to.

I pretty much feel like I have researched the differences down to the most finite details.

I know the positive and negatives.

Here is my summary, my wife is pregnant and I am an amateur guy with a high end budget. I don't really care about exacts I just want the best of the best in this category. I want buy it and be done. If I take a picture of my wife and baby I want it to be awesome. I also do not want to lug around a ton of devices. So if I want to take a really nice video as well I can do that.

The reason the RX is still even on the table is just that I want to make sure that I am not making a fatal mistake. I know the pros and cons of both but I am thinking that the touch screen, 4K video, and the size of the LX10 is the way to go. I know the quality is a little better on the Sony but knot enough to give up the all around usefulness of the LX10.

So am I missing anything? I'm about to Pre order the LX10 online and will have it sent asap. Unless there is some insane technology out there that I am missing, I think I have made the right choice.

Please let me know. Thanks so much!