1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.
  2. Due to platform maintenance, the forum will be inaccessible for about 10 minutes beginning about 2 p.m. Sorry for any inconvenience! We'll remove this notice when work is complete.

A 1400 Camera Shake Warning

Discussion in 'Canon' started by reber1b, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reber1b

reber1b New Member

According to the pdf manual, the flashing icon called the "Camera Shake Warning" warns that "images are likely to be blurred by camera shake" Their solution is to mount the camera on a tripod or take other measures to keep it still. What measures it's referring to are not stated. The problem is that I get this flashing icon every time I push the shutter button half way. I get it in every mode except "IS" mode. Should I just ignore this icon or am I supposed to do something about it?

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Unfortunately the A1400 does not have optical image stabilization. If it did turning it on would greatly reduce the frequency of the shake warning. One thing you can do is make sure your ISO is set to auto and not to a low number like 100 or 200. You can also try using less zoom, which will enable your camera to use a wider aperture which should help you avoid blurry pictures in low light.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  3. reber1b

reber1b New Member

Thanks for the reply Andy. I guess it's just telling me to use common sense. And, I suppose, since it's such a common occurence, one just learns to accept it as the norm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.