A bit of a quandry???

Discussion in 'Pentax' started by ignatiusjk, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ignatiusjk

ignatiusjk Well-Known Member

I'm in a bit of a quandry.I want a Sigma 18-35mm lens but I don't want to spend $800.00 for the lens.I see the same lens on Ebay for $625.00 to $700.00 but there're only for Canon and Nikon mounts.I have a Canon EOS T1i but it's 15.1 mp vs Pentax K5 16mp.So should I get the Sigma lens and put it on my Canon or put up the money and get it with the Pentax mount.I'm more found of the Pentax and it does have the extra mp's.So what do you think I should do??Is one mp that much of a difference in quality?

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I'm not sure I understand the situation.

Are you saying you have a Canon T1i and are thinking of buying a Pentax K-5?

What does the Sigma 18-35mm lens have to do with this?

Sorry, I'm confused.

3. ignatiusjk

I have both the Canon T1i and a Pentax K5 camera's.I'm not sure which camera I should the lens for.

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

If you get the T1i version from Ebay you'll apparently save $175 over the Pentax version, which is a significant amount of money. But is the Ebay seller reliable? Is the lens defective in any way? I'd be concerned if I were you.

5. ignatiusjk

I'm not really worried about buying a lens on Ebay I'm more concerned with which camera would work better with that particular lens. The Pentax has one more mp than the Canon so is that a real concern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.