A maximum of 35 shots only with S8000

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by bozzer, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bozzer

bozzer New Member

Hi
    I am new to digital cameras so please be gentle.
    I recently purchased an Coolpix S8000, and a 4GB SanDisk SDHC memory card, which as recommended by the shop. The camera functions normally when taking pictures but only allows a maximum of 35 shots, which take 90.4 MB. The camera carries on counting down from 1000 (for example we took 300 pictures and only have the first 35) but doesn’t save the pictures anywhere.
    I have tried formatting the Card from the Camera but it seems to remove nothing. I have also tried formatting from a laptop (using FAT32) and get the message ‘SD card not able to be formatted’.
    Before I take the camera and card back to the shop can anyone help? In other words am I missing something?

All the best

Bozzer

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

My guess is that your camera is relying on internal memory only and not saving images to your memory card. Check whether the card is write protected. There is a tiny switch on the left side (with the card facing up). The switch should be in the "up" position. If it's not, simply move it up. That will remove the write protection and allow your camera to begin writing to the card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.