? about Canon Powershot SX10 IS power adapter

Discussion in 'Canon' started by bethc, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bethc

bethc Active Member

Recently got this great camera but was told it didn't have another power source other than batteries. Just read in the manual that there is a power adapter CA-PS700. Since I take many of my wildlife pics from inside through a window, a plug in would be great - if it's long enough or can handle an extension cord. I read reviews and it seems like this is what I need, although some reviewers (and one description referred to it as a charger.) Anyone have one and/or know about how long it is?
    Thanks!! Beth

2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Hi Beth -
    The PS700 is what you need. Canon uses this same power supply for several products, but basically, it plugs straight into the DC in jack on your SX10 and will let you shoot or review photos.

Since this camera uses AAs, it doesn't function as a charger (I believe that function applies to some of the camcorders that also use this same power supply, which may be where the confusion is coming from).

dr

3. bethc

bethc Active Member

Great! That's what I thought and hoped. Thanks so much David!
    Beth

4. jecourdclearck

jecourdclearck New Member

A HQRP AC Adapter for Canon PowerShot SX10 IS / SX-10 / SX10IS Digital Camera is multiple device connectors, I have been using that adapter last two years and i really got a very nice performance form that.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2010
  5. bethc

bethc Active Member

Thanks, Beth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.