Adobe prepping CS4 for launch

Discussion in 'Digital Camera News' started by David Rasnake, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

According to reports, Adobe is prepping the latest version of its complete graphic design suite, Adobe CS4, for launch.

[​IMG]

PhotographyBlog is reporting that Adobe CS4 will launch later this month, on September 23, and will be "the largest product launch in Adobe's history." Beyond this little tidbit, however, details of what's coming are still sketchy at this point.

Active Photoshop followers can also pre-register for a web broadcast providing complete details on the new software. Visit adobe.com to learn more.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  2. usapatriot

usapatriot Well-Known Member

Interesting news considering that CS3 is practically new. Anyways I won't be upgrading, at least maybe not yet considering that I barely know how to use CS3.

3. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

I might upgrade, depending on the feature set and how steep the upgrade charges are this time around. I skipped CS3 and stayed on CS2.

4. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

I'm still on CS2 on the PC side as well. Like you guys, though, I'm feeling very "wait and see" at this point.

dr

5. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

I am seeing some indications that the Windows version of PS/CS4 will be 64bit only. Anyone able to substantiate or refute this?

What I have found seems fairly clear that CS4 will be 64bit for Windows only (i.e.: not 64bit for Mac); however, it is not as clear if that also means only 64bit for Windows (i.e.: not 32bit for Windows).

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.