Advice for Lumix DMC-G6 vs Nikon D5200 vs Sony SLT-A58?

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by victorgm, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. victorgm

victorgm Member

Thank you very much again Andy Stanton.

Here in Germany, i found Lumix G6 with "G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH" (improved second version of kit lens) for 539€, and for the exact same price, the Samsung NX30 with 18-55 mm III OIS, so it's quite confusing :)

I think with this pack, maybe the NX30 would perform better (bigger sensor and others improvements), and the size/weight is moreless the same, so i'm just doubting about the future, regarding the lens market of each brand.

Lumix shares it with Olympus and others third brands, so there're more options for the moment (even Samsung shares also with Samyang and Rokinon, and also introduced recently premium lens with the NX1), but to be honest, i think i'll just buy another lens for wide angle (like samsung 12-24mm or 16mm prime lens with f2.4), and maybe in the middle future, another flexible lens with some zoom (or maybe i prefer a 45mm f1.8, we'll see), but i know myself and i'm not going crazy needing too many lens, so maybe i don't miss all the MFT market...or maybe, as this one it's really growing very fast, i won't have the chance to be into it because i choosed NX.

What do you think about this? better first performance (NX30) or more lens options in the future (G6)?

Many thanks! :)

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

If the cameras are the same price I'd buy the Samsung NX30 since it has a much larger sensor and better low light image quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.