Back to School: What will you be bringing with you?

Discussion in 'Announcements/Press Releases' started by CLeonard, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLeonard

CLeonard Digital Camera Review Site Admin

It’s almost the end of July, so it’s time to start thinking about “Back to School.” The editors of the TechnologyGuide sites have put together their list of the top Back to School tech. Reading through the list made me realize just how far we’ve progressed since I set off for my senior year packing a new Mac LCIII Performa 450 upgraded to 36 MB of Ram (I think my toaster has more computing power). This was a huge upgrade from going to the school’s computer lab to log into their VAX system. Camera-wise, I had a Polaroid Instant Camera (it was college after all!) with 3 film packs. In doing a bit of research, Polaroid still makes Instant Cameras, but it seems a tad bit expensive for a bit of nostalgia…

Now that I’ve dated myself, how about the rest of you? For those of you who will be returning to college or attending for the first time, will you be buying a new camera or some other piece of tech? And for those like me, who only have recollections of their university days, what technology were you most fond of during that time?

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The most hi-tech item I had in college was a slide rule :)

That gives you an indication of how old I am.

3. dannyoor

dannyoor Banned

back to school is the most terrible thing for me, so much boring things and work

4. CLeonard

CLeonard Digital Camera Review Site Admin

Really, I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way. I miss my collegiate days. Days spent focusing my mind and evenings spent with close friends or meeting new people. It was a unique time in life. Sure there are exams and other tribulations, but you'll never have that much freedom and choices again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.