Bad Pictures

Discussion in 'Fuji (Fujifilm)' started by lighthousealarms, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lighthousealarms

lighthousealarms New Member

My S7000 has recently developed a serious problem. Some, if not all the pictures I take in a sitting are a green and purple blur. Each picture has a varying degree of green and purple blur; everything from just some green shadows to a picture of nothing but purple and green swirls. And sometimes I can still get a perfectly normal picture. There seems to be no consistency to this problem, in that the normal pictures might be produced on the first pictures I take, or after several bad ones have been taken. I have tried switching between medias with no change. The problem happens in sunlight or indoor light, or while using the flash. On Christmas day I was trying to take pictures with the flash and could not get any good pictures. I turned off the flash and then got nothing but good pictures. However, the next time I used it without the flash it would not take a good picture. Very unpredictable. Any ideas on what the problem might be? Thanks

2. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

I'm not sure exactly what that means. This is a long shot, but have you tried using a different memory card?

no help Kelly

3. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Unfortunately it sounds like a sensor problem to me. Your camera may be at the end of its life.

4. lighthousealarms

Yes I have. The camera has two types of media in it and I have switched back and forth with no change. Also, I was pretty sure it was not the media because you can see the green and purple shadows in the viewfinder before you even take the picture.

5. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

The other obvious thing to try is to replace the battery. If you don't have a 2nd battery on hand, this may be an expensive experiment. As Andy said, sounds like an electronic failure.

Kelly

6. lighthousealarms

It takes AA batteries, so yes I have replaced them as well. I had suspected it was the sensor, but needed confirmation from someone before I trash it. Thanks

7. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

A camera repair shop would likely give you a free assessment.

Kelly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.