ben,having probs with my nikon s5

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by samit, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samit

samit Active Member

hi , on BEN's knowledge i bi\ought a NIKON S5 and i must say that im happy with it .. but i ve noticed a error(if im right) ..so plz guys understand and help!

ok, so i clik some pics and it gets saved in my memory card. now when i rotate the jog to see the saved images on my digicam screen every pics i c has a 1 sec blur then it appears sharp(hope u guys got it).. is that with all cams or something wrong with my cam????

help!!!!

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I think that's just the delay as it loads and sharpens the image. I don't know about that model specifically, but I've seen this on prior Sony's that I've owned.

3. samit

samit Active Member

but is this a defectas its bugging me ,,
    and i cant play the movies i record to my win xp pc in wmp nor vlc player

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

You might need a codec or some sort of encoding on the desktop. I'm not familiar with the video format of that unit.

5. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

samit, glad you're happy with the camera. My Pentax Optio W10 does the same thing. It probably has something with how the camera decodes the JPEG information.

As far as movies, you might try out the software that shipped with the Nikon. It may be able to convert the movies to a format that you prefer. I just can't remember off hand.

6. Quikster

Quikster Well-Known Member

That tends to happen while the picture is loading completley, it will load part of it first which will be blurry. I don't usually have a problem on the camera itself, but in windows with the larger pictures from my D50 they do the same thing where it will load all blurry and then a sec later it will sharpen up to what it should be.

7. samit

samit Active Member

so that means no probs
    ok mates where can i find a glossary to know whats for for ..eg:like whats macro for??

8. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

The user manual for the camera will often explain what features are good for (and what they do).

Macro mode lets you focus on objects close to the camera. For the S5, in "normal" focus mode (non-macro), you can focus on objects as close as 30cm. If you want to take a close up of something, like a flower, switch to "macro" focus mode and you can focus on objects as close as 4cm.

9. samit

samit Active Member

thanks bro!

10. samit

samit Active Member

hi ben!
    now my prob is that i cliked pics and transfererd then to my pc.. and then deleted the pics frommy nikon s5..
    now therer are some pics which i want it to be on my nikon ,but when i copy those pics from my pc to my memory card of the nikon it gets pasted but doent appear when i want to view it on my nikon!
    can u help meout!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.