Best and worst printer brands?

Discussion in 'Photo Printers' started by Mike22, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

I have had mostly good experience with HP, thats about all I will actually buy from them anymore.

2. cutie_tech123

cutie_tech123 New Member

As what I have known, Epson is the best. People here in my place uses this kind of printer without saying that their printer is not doing good. During my college, we made a survey on most used printer and Epson is number one on our survey. They like Epson because it's not just affordable but it don't give too much problem to them when it comes to printing.

cutie_tech123
    Don't waste money on Printer Ink. Save up to 65% on toner cartridges, ink cartridges and printer supplies.
    http://www.concordsupplies.com
    :eek:

3. Caramel

Caramel Well-Known Member

I have had a Lexmark...thought it was rather crappy and slow. I'd go with a Canon one.

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

My recent inkjet printers have all been HP and they've been great. Prior to that I had two Canons and they were OK for a while but each one broke down after about two years.

I only buy inkjets that use cheap ink. Both my current printers use HP 21 and 22.

5. X6StringerX

X6StringerX Member

I'm about to purchase a new digital camera, so I'm thinking of picking up a new printer that is capable of printing 8x10" photos sometime in the near future. I have an HP(PSC 1410v) all-in-one right now. While it is a decent printer, it doesn't really excel at any one particular task. My biggest complaint is the scan function... it usually spits out errors and for some reason, it has to make the scan pass twice. It'll pass once and show me the image, which looks perfectly fine btw, and then when I select accept, it'll make a second pass... I have no idea why. I'm thinking about Lexmark or Epson for my next printer.

6. dimsum9

dimsum9 New Member

in my opinion i often to use Canon ,Epson,HP inkjet i like epson r230 the most because resolution ,quality ,save ink (i use ink tank) , fast than other brand in range prices.

7. K-TRON

K-TRON Member

I think the best color printers are the XEROX Phaser printers, they are really sweet, and fast.
    The family has a Phaser 8500DN and it makes really good prints on the photo paper.
    The only downside is that you are supposed to leave it plugged in all of the time because the ink drum needs to be continually warmed. It eats the electric bill a bit, cause it needs like 15 watts of power all of the time, but it makes amazing prints.

K-TRON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.