Best Canon DSLR for Video

Discussion in 'Canon' started by nanart, Mar 6, 2015.

1. nanart

nanart New Member

I am looking for a camera able to film aircraft in air shows at a distance. Talking with several people I've decided the best way to go is to get a DSLR over a camcorder due to the lens options (telephoto). I'm wondering if anyone has advice on what the best camera might be for this. I'm thinking the Canon 7D or 6D or 7D mark ii. The 7D being the cheapest is the preferred camera but ultimately I want something that will work well with what I need.

Any thoughts?

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The Canon 70D's video mode is very good - better than the 7D. But the 7D Mark ii is even better, though it's more expensive than the 70D.

3. snfsjnia

snfsjnia New Member

7D will be better for you. If you choose then you also can think about Sony 'PMW-EX1R EX1 XDCAM''. I also have one and I'm doing same task like you. I found it in forsale.plus. Though it was old but providing a great service. In my firm now I have 4 DSLR and 3SLR. Although I have many but like PMW-EX1R EX1 XDCAM.

4. drues1986

drues1986 Member

Canon EOS 70D – my top pick for best overall DSLR camera for shooting video. Workhorse. Easy to use.