Best image quality for 200 hundred euro

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by Camelong, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camelong

Camelong New Member

I am looking for a digital camera with the best and sharpest image quality for 200 euro. Good video quality is also required. No other requirements like size etc.

Purpose of camera is mostly to take indoor and outdoor shots of a dog, or some items etc. Nothing extraordinary, no large landscape shootings in mind.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

For the best image quality you'll want a camera with a back-illuminated CMOS sensor. I've listed several that are at the top of your price range (according to Amazon.com.de). All are very good and have at least a 12x optical zoom.
    Canon SX260 HS, Casio EX-ZR400, Olympus SZ-31MR IHS, Samsung WB800F, Nikon S6500.
    The Samsung WB800F was recently reviewed by this website: Samsung WB800F Review

3. Camelong

Camelong New Member

Thank you, but I am totally novice with camera stuff. Can you recommend any spesific camera from what you listed?

After reading some reviews, I guess Canon SX260 HS and Samsung WB800F have best image quality of all.

But what about single/twin-lens reflex-cameras (system camera)?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  4. Andy Stanton

All of the cameras I listed are good. I can't say which is the best.

Digital single lens reflex cameras (DSLR's) provide the best image quality, but current models are much more expensive than 200 euros. The Nikon D3100, which came out in 2010, sells for 338 Euros (with a lens) and is one of the cheapest. You could probably find older DSLR's for 200 Euros or less if you're willing to look at used cameras.

5. Camelong

Camelong New Member

How is the techical advancement in that department? Like, are few years old SLR-cameras still better image quality wise than new normal digital cameras or have those already ran pass?

6. Andy Stanton

DSLR's used to have very few of the more glitzy features, such as video, "live view" LCD, scene modes. Now, practically every feature in the more popular, smaller cameras is found in the DSLR's. So if you buy an older DSLR it's going to lack some features in the newer ones. But the image quality will still be very good.

7. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.