Best nikon

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by todd1, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todd1

todd1 New Member

Which nikon camera do you think is best?

2. jtom

jtom Active Member

You need to tell us what type of cameras you are referring to (point and shoot or dslr?). Also the best nikon camera depends on what you will be using it for and what you need from the camera.

3. gubak

gubak Active Member

If we separate the nikon cameras into point-and-shot and DSLR and we examine the nikon universaly then the best cameras would be:
    DSLR: D200
    Poin-and-shot: P5000

4. Arie

Arie New Member

S200 just great for me. I'm happy to grab some nice & beautiful pictures with it & easily carry this slim & compact camera in my pocket wherever I go :)

5. camfreak

camfreak Active Member

For me I think its Nikon D80 because it has a 10.2 megapixels and eventhough the D80 is quite big, its still okay as long as I can take beautiful pictures with it :D

6. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

I don't think there is a "best" Nikon camera. The D40 is quite easy to use, cheap, and takes good pictures. The D3 is full frame, 9FPS, and built like a tank (but doesn't weigh as much). How do you compare those? The professional is likely to say the D3 is much better because of its feature set, while my mom is going to say the D40 is much better because she can use it. We all picked the camera we have for a reason, so we are likely to think its the best.

I like my D70. I wouldn't mind a D300 or similar, however, I don't care to spend that kind of money on it. I think the D70 is just fine. I have yet to find anything wrong with it that prevents me from taking great photos.

7. filaan

filaan New Member

This is a very subjective question. I have had 3 Nikon's and 2 Pentax over the course of 30 odd years. I loved my Pentax K1000, my Pentax MG, my Nikon ME, my Nikon N2020 and now my Nikon D50. The only one I still don't have is the K1000. And to be honest, I wish I still had it. It was a trooper and you I was glad I learned on a totally manual camera. Kind of like learning to drive a stick shift.

No matter what, you always want a new camera, right? I have had my D50 for almost 2 years now and want a D80...:D Can't help it - and I absolutely love the D50. I am still learning how to use digital and still love film, too.

I know this has not answered the question. But how can you?

filaan

8. camfreak

camfreak Active Member

I think the best nikon now is the D80 that is one I have in mind to buy right now. It is the natural successor to the D70/D70s with a refreshed design, user interface and a wide range of new features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.