Best setting for group photo

Discussion in 'Canon' started by ajh, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajh

ajh New Member

Hi all - Very first post here - hopefully will start using this to get questions answered after I fail to figure them out myself. I have a Rebel XSI Camera which I love - simple question is - what is the best setting to take a group picture with? If I use the full auto mode someone in the group always ends up blurry. I took a group photo of a bunch of kids in line - the ones in the center were focused but the kids towards the outer edges became blurred. Even with groups that are close together it seems it focuses mostly on the inner people. Any simple suggestions? I've tried the scenic setting too but this is not much better. I'm learning, I'm learning!! Thank you!

2. CalebSchmerge

CalebSchmerge Super Moderator/Reviewer News/Review Writer

I would suggest to go to aperture priority mode, and set the aperture to a large number, something like F11 or higher, then focus on the center of the group. That should give a deeper field of view which well help. If you are in a well lit area you can go even higher on the aperture. Be sure to use flash, you will have a small amount of light entering the camera.

3. ajh

ajh New Member

Thank you for the reply - I will give your suggestion a try!!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.