best Sport snap photos

Discussion in 'Canon' started by Jodestars, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jodestars

Jodestars New Member

i had a CANON EOS and am now wanting to upgrade to a digital camera, i have had a lot of little "happy snap" cameras in-between but now want to invest in a good camera. budget no more than $800-900. i have borrowed my sisters SONY a65 which is great, takes quick sharp pics and i have a 18-270mm lens on it, i mainly take photos of kids soccer and swimming so i am needing a camera that has the quickest reaction time and a good zoom. this camera i have borrowed from what i have found is actually out of my price range so can anyone recommend one for me. Also can i use my old lenses on a new digital camera? i have a canon ef 28-105mm and a tamron aspherical xr 28-200mm.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The Canon T5i (EOS 700D) is an excellent Canon DSLR and is within your price range. I recommend purchasing the 18-55mm lens, which is frequently bundled with it, which is a good general purpose lens. Your current lenses will work with the T5i but, due to the sensor size of the T5i, your lenses will not give you the same wide angle ability. For instance your 28-105mm lens will have a range of 44.8-168mm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.