1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Best stop motion compatible camera?

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by jjelectricva, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjelectricva

jjelectricva New Member

Im looking for a camera for two main purposes, the most important thing is that it be compatible with a good stop motion program (something else i need a recommendation for) and also good for general purpose use. I want to be able to take good pictures of my chickens and parrots (they move around constantly) and i want to make stop motion videos with Legos specifically... so if anyone has any good info or where to look for these things id really appreciate it. Looking to spend hopefully not more than 750-$1000 for the camera and software

thanks!!:D

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

To take good pictures of moving subjects it's best to have a camera with a shutter priority mode, which will let you increase your shutter speed to the point where even fast moving objects will be frozen. All DSLR's and the more expensive point and shoots have a shutter priority shooting mode.

For stop motion photography you'll want a camera that does well in low light (since you'll probably be working indoors) and a tripod for mounting the camera. Nikon, Canon, Sony and Pentax all make fine DSLR's that are available, with a lens, for under $1000.

As far as software is concerned you'll need a good video editing program. Adobe makes excellent video editing software:
    Photoshop Elements 11 & Premiere Elements 11 Review

Here's a link to a site that compares several video editing programs:
    Video Editing Software Review 2013 | Best Video Editor Software | Video Editing - TopTenREVIEWS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.