Border Software ????

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by b08rsa, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b08rsa

b08rsa Member

I was asked to photgraph my 7 yr old daughters select soccer team. I would like to add a professional look to the pictures. Does anyone have suggestions on where I may get a "professional look" for indivdual 3.5x5 picture as well as a 5x7 Team shot??? I have seen a few mats for this, but I am trying to give the other parents something different than the traditional sports type pictures. Since this is my first gig doing something like this. I hope to eventually make some coin. Any ideas are greatly appriciated.

Ron

2. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

Hi Ron -
    If you're a Photoshop or Photoshop Elements user, there are all kinds of border/mat plug-ins out there that will add some pretty nice borders to your image files. They run the gamut from free to very expensive, but a quick web search should yield some results. Only works if you have a compatible image editor (like Photoshop; usually Corel Paint Shop is supported by many plug-in makers as well) to host them, though.

If you're reasonably skilled with an image editor and basic graphic design software, it's not hard at all to do faux "trading cards." With just a little bit of effort on the setup side, these can come out pretty neat.

Just another thought to get you started...

dr

3. b08rsa

b08rsa Member

I am currently running Photo Sop 6.5. I was hoping just to do a "plug and go"type border"instead of having to create one. Time, so many things to do, but so little time.
    Thanks for the reply.

[​IMG]

4. David Rasnake

David Rasnake News/Review Writer News/Review Writer

If you can find a good plug-in for borders, it should be completely automated.

dr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.