Buyer Beware!

Discussion in 'Kodak (Eastman Kodak)' started by tschreiner, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tschreiner

tschreiner New Member

A word of warning to those considering buying a Kodak Easyshare Camera. I purchased an Easyshare DX6440 and printing dock and have had a horrible experience with this camera and trying to deal with Kodak. My camera worked fine for 14 months and then the lens froze in the extended position. I contacted Kodak to try to have them repair it and was given the royal runaround. After being convinced to send the camera in for a onetime $35.00 repair...I received an invoice for $190.00! So now my useless camera sits at their repair facility (I can get it back for $48.00 UNREPAIRED) and I have a useless printing dock because I will definitely NEVER buy another Kodak product. After almost 4 months and a letter to their CEO, I was refered to their consumer advocate who informed me that I was to fault for the cameras malfunction and that if I persisted in my efforts to contact Kodak I would be refered to their security department. Some comsumer advocate!
    I paid nearly $400.00 for this camera and dock and I think I have a right to believe that it should function beyond 14 months. This is way too much money to send on a DISPOSIBLE camera. I wish I had reviewed these forums before I purchased this camera, I could have saved myself a lot of grief and I would have a camera that actually works. I hope this information helps others so they don't make the same mistake as I did. Not only is this an inferior product, but the manner in which Kodak handles its consumer complaints is simply shameful. Good Luck. Tom

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Wow, that's terrible. I strongly recommend you file a complaint with the BBB. The way you're being treated is extremely shady and a complaint with the BBB will likely snap Kodak back to reality. I've used them twice with success and know several other people in the forums of our other sites that have as well. Good luck, please report back.

http://www.bbbonline.com/

3. camerashy

camerashy Member

That is a horrible situation. I don't know how they can charge you to get your camera back after you've paid the "one time fee". I recommend also filing a complaint with the Attorney General in your state. I've heard rumors that the BBB doesn't always get a situation resolved. So if you run into a brick wall with them, go to the AG. I've had success with them in the past. Good luck.

4. avisitor

avisitor Well-Known Member

Things for Kodak and the BBB don't look too good:

5. gubak

gubak Active Member

I've never heard about similar events. What time interval is your warranty?

6. bTaryag

bTaryag Well-Known Member

I hate to ask this, but were you at fault? Did you perhaps drop the camera?

7. avisitor

avisitor Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, this thread is far too old to get a response... I just thought I'd mention that thing with the BBB, saying that Kodak wouldn't respond to the BBB anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.