Buying first camera

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by Lee, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Lee

Lee New Member

Hi, I am looking to buy my first decent camera due to work and study but I know literally nothing about them. I've started researching them but I honestly don't know where to start.

There are two main functions I will need it for. Firstly I am starting a makeup course and need to be able to take HD/High quality pictures for my portfolio. Secondly, my internship has requested I start their youtube channel so I need something that will also be able to produce high enough quality videos (I also mean to start my own beauty channel). Easy for a newbie to operate would be a plus, but I can just learn the hard way if that would compromise quality....

Budget - I am looking to spend up to £300 but can spend a little more if need be.
    Features - I honestly don't know what I need or what these are, whichever ones will help suit my needs?
    Mega pixels etc - Again, whichever is classed as good quality?
    Image quality - High enough to look to show my work to its full potential (I'm getting a little frustrated that my iphone camera fails to pick up the colour and details properly)

As I said, I really know nothing about them yet but I want to try and snag one in the January sales. Any advice at all would be really appreciated, whether it's a camera suggestion, or any relating information that I should know or need to consider.

Thank you :)