Camedia c60

Discussion in 'Olympus' started by mick56, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mick56

mick56 New Member

Hello, totally out of my depth here,i just got given a Camedia C60,it worked fine for an hour then stopped, battery flat i thought, no charger, so i have a set of various jack plug's and plug it into the camera,it light's up but wont work, i than discover that it like's 4.5v and i was giving 12v,i order a battery charger,when i put the fully charged battery in no light's, no nothing, i see there is a lock symbol on the camera but pressing it make's no difference. Have i burnt the camera out by giving it too many volt's, and what would it cost to repair. Any and all comment's welcome. Thank's. Mick.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

I wouldn't bother with it. The C-60 was a good camera for its time, but it's over 10 years old, which is ancient when it comes to point and shoot cameras. Rather than investing any money I'd save for a new camera. For less than $200 you can buy the Canon S110, which is similar to the C-60 but with much better performance, image quality and movie quality.

3. mick56

mick56 New Member

I appreciate the reply mate, but i am not going to spend $200, i was given the camera and if i can get it fixed for about $100 i will,if not i will scrap it. Cheer's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.