Camera bags and Cases for the Outdoors?

Discussion in 'Lenses and Accessories' started by Harrison18, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Harrison18

Harrison18 Member

Hi, I have a Nikon D3300 with the kit lens and I'm also into backpacking and hiking. I haven't brought it on a backpacking trip but I'm planning to in a few weeks. I'm not quite sure what bag/case I should get to protect the camera somewhat from the outdoors. Granted it would already be in my backpack when not in use but I don't want to take any risks. I'd like to find a small and compact bag that can hold my DSLR camera, a lens or two, and an extra battery. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks a ton!

2. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

There are now many small camera bags with the "AW" feature. This simply means that a 2nd waterproof bag is included, which then fits over the actual camera bag.

Kelly Cook

3. Harrison18

Harrison18 Member

I know this is a very late reply but if any one else has the same question I did and is looking for outdoor camera bags, I would highly recommend the APE weatherproof camera bag for DSLRs. I got one for 27$ off Amazon and it fit my DSLR and lens very comfortably. There is a built in weatherproof-cover attached to the bag which works very well. I actually ended up getting lost on a hike in Colorado in very wet conditions. I ended up having to find my way down a steep mountain bushwhacking and sliding down very steep and sharp rocks. The camera case was slightly damp and the rain cover had only a small tear but the inside of the bag was completely dry. Highly recommend it!