1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Camera For Macro Shooting for jewellery website

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by daksh717, Aug 8, 2014.

1. daksh717

daksh717 New Member

I wanna buy a camera for macro shooting jewellery for my eCommerce website.From the reviews i have read , PENTAX X-5 seems best to for in my budget.Need to confirm.Should i go for it or is there a better one ?

P.S-My budget is around 200$

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The Pentax x-5 will work well, as will many other cameras. But the X-5 is currently selling for $225, which exceeds your budget. Also, the x-5 is a large ultrazoom camera with a long 26x zoom lens. You can get macro images that are at least as good as the Pentax X-5 from many smaller, lesser expensive cameras such as the compact Sony WX80, which is just over 1/2 the price of the Pentax.

3. daksh717

daksh717 New Member

In my country there is just 30-35$ difference between prices of Pentax x-5 and Sony WX80 and here i am getting Pentax x-5 for 180$ (converting from my country's currency) and WX80 for 150$ so Pentax X-5 would be a better choice right ? thinking it will work well at other places too ?

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The cameras are very different.
    The Pentax X-5 is large ultrazoom, while the Sony WX-80 is a tiny pocket camera. The advantages of the Pentax are that it has much more optical zoom, 26x vs 8x for the Sony, has a tilting LCD screen and an electronic viewfinder. The Sony's advantages are that it has built-in WiFi and runs on a rechargeable battery while the Pentax uses 4 AA's. Both have good image quality.

5. daksh717

daksh717 New Member

Hmmm dont really need Wifi as such and as for the batteries , will just get rechargeable ones.So Pentax X-5 it is.

Thanks Mate.