Camera For Macro Shooting for jewellery website

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by daksh717, Aug 8, 2014.

1. daksh717

daksh717 New Member

I wanna buy a camera for macro shooting jewellery for my eCommerce website.From the reviews i have read , PENTAX X-5 seems best to for in my budget.Need to confirm.Should i go for it or is there a better one ?

P.S-My budget is around 200$

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The Pentax x-5 will work well, as will many other cameras. But the X-5 is currently selling for $225, which exceeds your budget. Also, the x-5 is a large ultrazoom camera with a long 26x zoom lens. You can get macro images that are at least as good as the Pentax X-5 from many smaller, lesser expensive cameras such as the compact Sony WX80, which is just over 1/2 the price of the Pentax.

3. daksh717

daksh717 New Member

In my country there is just 30-35$ difference between prices of Pentax x-5 and Sony WX80 and here i am getting Pentax x-5 for 180$ (converting from my country's currency) and WX80 for 150$ so Pentax X-5 would be a better choice right ? thinking it will work well at other places too ?

4. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

The cameras are very different.
    The Pentax X-5 is large ultrazoom, while the Sony WX-80 is a tiny pocket camera. The advantages of the Pentax are that it has much more optical zoom, 26x vs 8x for the Sony, has a tilting LCD screen and an electronic viewfinder. The Sony's advantages are that it has built-in WiFi and runs on a rechargeable battery while the Pentax uses 4 AA's. Both have good image quality.

5. daksh717

daksh717 New Member

Hmmm dont really need Wifi as such and as for the batteries , will just get rechargeable ones.So Pentax X-5 it is.

Thanks Mate.