1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

CAMERA SAYS FRESH BATTERIES ARE LOW ? - How I fixed my problem easily and fairly cheaply.

Discussion in 'Canon' started by Douglas1, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Douglas1

Douglas1 New Member

Okay, I have a Canon 7 megapixel camera. We had some pretty good times, but after a while my camera said that any new, fresh batteries were low on power after just a few shots. I thought "oh great, now I have to get it repaired or shell out for a new one." On a whim, I got a new data card/memory card for my camera thinking I could use it in a new camera if I got one. Well, I decided to try it in my old camera for the hell of it. BONZAI! The camera now works how it did before. No more three pictures and having to swap batteries that I knew were still good. I hope this helps you!:)

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Thanks for the information. Changing the memory card is always a good idea when you're having camera problems.

3. jameslarsan

jameslarsan New Member

I don't think think the blur or focus issue is an issue. The fur is soft which I like. Very sharp portraits are murder on the subjects, every facial hair, zit and wrinkle is perfect! (not good). I soften portraits by stretching panty hose over the lens hood. Works better than any filter I have tried.

4. Douglas1

Douglas1 New Member

SORRY, I WAS WRONG!!! It wasn't the camera's data card - It was the contacts. There is a video on Youtube that shows that if you bend the battery contacts so they touch the batteries better then the problem is solved.

Sorry for the misinformation.