Can I change from a 'Camera' to a 'Device with Removeable Storage'?

Discussion in 'Software' started by camel_456, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camel_456

camel_456 New Member

In Windows XP when I plug in my Canon Digital Ixus 860IS it comes up in My Computer under the 'Scanners and Cameras' group as a Digital Camera, when I double click on here I can access the photo's I've taken and download them to my PC. My question is, I want to change it so the camera just comes up as the SD card so I have more flexibility and can copy photos ON TO the camera, currently, I'm not allowed to. I've looked through the differnt properties but can't find anything of any use. If this made sense to you and you think you can help, thanks in advance!

2. Ben Stafford

Ben Stafford Site Admin

The camera probably also shows up as a new drive on your computer. Instead of opening the device from the Scanners and Cameras group, look for another drive.

Also, you can probably right-click on the camera in My Computer and see if you can change the default option. You can have it set up so that when you connect the camera, the computer prompts you. One of the options during the prompt is to just browse files using Windows Explorer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.