Can I get a better DSLR camera than this for the price?

Discussion in 'What Camera Should I Buy?' started by awaisuk, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awaisuk

awaisuk New Member

Hey,

I am looking to buy DSLR camera for the first time and I am not really sure what to buy, but based on these reviews I have decided that I am going to be buying this: Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18MP DSLR with 18-55mm IS Lens, SanDisk 8GB SDHC & Lowepro Adventura Bag : DSLR Packages - Best Buy Canada

Do you think that for the same price I can get something better?

This will be my first dslr camera and although I dont know much about them, I want to get a good camera so I can learn on the way.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

2. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

Probably not. The T3i is excellent all around and the price looks reasonable.

3. KCook

KCook Well-Known Member

I'm a Canon fanboy, so I think the T3i is a great choice. T2i is also pretty good, if the swing out LCD feature is not important to you. Here in the USA the BestBuy prices can be beat by some online sellers, for my city, even some local stores that promise internet price matching. However I do not know the Canadian market, or whether it would make any sense for a Canadian to try to buy from a US source. So I'm no help on the price.

Kelly Cook

4. awaisuk

awaisuk New Member

The lens that is coming with this, is this good? (dont know anything about lenses)

5. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Super Moderator Super Moderator

It's a fine lens, especially for the price, and it has image stabilization (IS), which will reduce blur in still images. Canon makes better walk-around lenses, but you'll pay much more for them. Eventually you'll probably want to purchase a long zoom lens. If you do make sure it also has image stabilization.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.